Personal number plates?

Hi all

Not really a car mod but Ill ask anyways. I am after a new private plate for my car and as my companies name is 'Bespoke' packaging the closest I have found is 'BE53OKE' which is fine other than the 3 instead of a P. Is there a particular typeface that could improve the look of the three or 5 or a position for the screw cap(is this legal?) to close up the three (make it look like a backwards P). I am in the UK, in Essex, and am open to suggestions

Cheers, Chris

Reply to
Chris, Jen and Pip

all number plates are illegal unless complying to the new law; standard type face with a set spacing....

Reply to
Theo

There is only ONE legal typeface.

Nope.

Reply to
Nom

Chris, Jen and Pip raved thus:

:: Hi all :: :: Not really a car mod but Ill ask anyways. I am after a new private :: plate for my car and as my companies name is 'Bespoke' packaging the :: closest I have found is 'BE53OKE' which is fine other than the 3 :: instead of a P. Is there a particular typeface that could improve :: the look of the three or 5 or a position for the screw cap(is this :: legal?) to close up the three (make it look like a backwards P). I :: am in the UK, in Essex, and am open to suggestions

Lol, you're about to get ripped...

Abo

Reply to
Abo

Well thank you Theo, Jamesy and Nom. I had thought that this might be the case but having seen so many cars with non-standard typefaces/lettering/screw stud arrangements udring my across country drives to customers, I thought I'd check here. And yes, Jamesy, having checked with my local VAT office it is one more way to retain some blood from the vampire.

Unfortunately for this NG I can see from some peoples comments and signatures, especially concerning the cars they own, that you suffer greatly from flaming by persons of sub mental ability. I would like to suggest to them that the baseball cap worn backwards that they undoubtedly wear each time they get in their car (if they are actually of legal driving age) really doesnt look good. And that it may be dangerous combined with their arm hanging out of the window.

Reply to
CT

I can see why you want to own it, and why you want to do it, but seeing people getting away with it, doesn't make it legal, otherwise underage sex, mugging, drug dealing, dole sponging and white collar corporate fraud would all be legal already.

Chris you have to believe that seeing a backwards baseball cap worn by anyone in the NG suggests they are about to start welding and want to protect their hair.

These are not Nova boys/Saxo clowns. The people actually drive tidy, powerful (in most cases) sensible cars. having met some of them, I can confirm it. Here, modifications tend to be of a practical mechanical nature, cosmetics come second. definatley a case of Function over form in here. Once you are happy with the way it drives then it is time to improve your lights, spec better tyres, or maybe tidy up the appearance of the car with clear indicators if you fancy.

A lot come in here with strange ideas, most run away, some stay, and mature (slightly). Ask Vamp about his ideas for Neons, and a Turbo in his old Cavalier. Google has preserved it all. He's still here, his taste in mods has improved, although his choice of car hasn't :)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

As for 'getting ripped' for comments I make about my work and where I live, are some people here of such limited intellect and of such tunnel vision in their view of the world in which we live that we must all pander to them by agreeing with what they say, say we live where they think we should live and not voice our questions/opinions to them so as to avoid such a ripping?

Methinks they should start a newsgroup about them and their lives. They can then live their in peace and harmony, undisturbed and sheltered from any social interference.

Reply to
CT

No problem :)

As you say, it is still very common. But it's not legal - no doubt you'd be mighty pissed if you got pulled by the fuzz ;)

Ignore SteveH, he's always like that.

Reply to
Nom

Wouldn't recommend you post your phone number, this is a public group remember so anyone in the world can see this...

Reply to
Dan405

//mental image of me welding// WOAH, thats a scary thought....

Remember in the simpsons when homer was welding barts go kart, just puts the welding torch down next to some spilled petrol, or when he picked up the jar of paint thinner instead of the beer :) - I can see myself doing these things!

Hey! My car neither powerful nor tidy! Thats discrimination against us poor students that is... Wheres Carl to back me up?

No, not better spec tyres, they're not worth the money :) But i do have the clearer indicators.

Vamps taste in anything has not improved :)

Reply to
Dan405

Powerful? Ha.

Tidy well I did pull a bit of rusty sill of that fell down the other day. ;)

I'm still an image form over function type sad to say, just looking at grafting in a set of Jag lights but will be keeping the standard 50 bhp engine, 4 speed box and scary suspension. It's going to be a project that will get some attention next year, if only I had a garage I would consider white wheel wells.

Don't read the paragraph above it contains classified information and I may have to kill you. ;P

Reply to
Depresion

You could always just make up a plate that says 'BESPOKE' and stick that on the vehicle. It's much cheaper than buying a similar number and then trying to make it look like what you want.

Reply to
Mark W

Dunno if it's of any interest, but you could "B 5PKE" for less than £400...

I found "B 5POK" as well, but that's a little pricier at £3,050 :0

Reply to
Lordy

Argh, just found "L600 RDY" for £226.

Must... resist... bad... taste... tat... :((((((((

Reply to
Lordy

news: snipped-for-privacy@text.news.ntlworld.com...

Do it! If you find anything with Dan in it - cheap, let me know :) Has to be usable on a K reg....

Reply to
Dan405

Where was that up for £226? Most of the quoted prices by any of the brokers other than DVLA are excluding VAT and the transfer fee, and probably something else as well, meaning that £226 would probably end up being best part of £400 - that plate's available direct from

for £250, fully inclusive.

Also, a while back, when a mate of mine had an N reg Rover Vitesse (180bhp - the slow one!) he was toying with the idea of getting N800 ROV. The other day, driving through Iver Heath, I saw a Rover Sterling outside a car dealer with the plate R800 VER. To me that's just a bit tacky!!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

That sounds like a bargain to me ... BUY IT :)

Reply to
Nom

DVLA will sell me R600 NOM for £250. Or if I got an Ovlov, T5 NOM for the same money :)

Although, I think car-specific ones are crap - I'm quite tempted by one of the many **NOM plates.

Reply to
Nom

in

are you retarded?