Petrol Prices

WTF is going on????

Went to the garage and it was 79p a litre down by 6p Not that I'm complaining

:)

Reply to
Ronny

I reckon :)

Its only come down from like 82.9 here, but stil nice :)

Reply to
DanTXD

"Running a car already costs over £400 per month"

WTF? I just had the Ka serviced/MOT'd for the end of the year. The last year's running costs? £52. That includes the wiper blades. Add £240 for insurance, and £100ish (not sure how much it is now) for tax, and that's change from £400 for the year (plus fuel). Including fuel, I suspect that there is change from £100 a month, although I've not sat down with a calculator. Of course, the £1.99 I spent on a new indicator bulb yesterday has put a downer on the next year's running costs ;-)

Cheers, Andy

Reply to
Andy Laurence

I've been using the Dervmobile all week so havn't noticed petrol prices TBH.

I'll ask the Mrs/check on my qway home to see if ours have dropped.

Reply to
Mason

I think it takes into account depreciation & finance costs as well as tax, maintenance, insurance, MOT - It's the average cost so includes people like the guy I drive past every day on the way to work - commutes in a silver Lambo Gallardo!!

Reply to
fishman

It was on the telly and Radio and driving newsgroup, price war between the supermarkets, but Esso and Shell say they are joining in.

Can't see BP keeping up, because the local one is still 83.9p for standard unleaded.

Don't suppose you saw what super was did you?

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Oil back down to $42 a barrel.

Reply to
Conor

yeah went down the other day, doubt super unleaded will anywhere though :( turbo will run like a tosser on 95ron fuel :( damn japs with there rocket fuel :-P

my petrol costs when i was working was about £120 a month and that was only a

120-130 miles a week if i went anywhere on a weekend :) 25mpg for you though
Reply to
Vamp

price war before crimbo they'll only go up again afterwards so don't go buying a big yank tank ;)

Reply to
dojj

turbo will run like a

120-130 miles a week

Been getting a stupid 19mpg, what with bad traffic (first gear for

5-10miles on the motorway 2 or three times a week) and having to have the lights up on the way to and home from work.
Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

turbo will run like a

120-130 miles a

on the motorway 2 or

19mpg! that's rubbish! what pissed me off a bit is my standard turbo makes worse mpg than a guy on the imoc that used to do a similar journey to work than me! nothing annoying you might say maybe he drives differently, well even when i was not so turbo happy he was getting maybe 5mpg better than me and he's running around 300bhp! :(

i guess with more power it needs less effort to start flying along :)

Reply to
Vamp

Done about 15 miles since i filled up. 24mpg average so far :D Lots of idling tho and only done like 4, 4 mile runs, all thrashed from cold :)

Reply to
DanTXD

Er, you forgot about the cost of the car itself.

Let's say average Joe drives a Ford Focus. He buys it for £14,000, keeps it for three years, and then part-exs it for £6000. So that's £8000 depreciation, so just over £2500 a year. Let's then say his Tax+Insurance+Fuel+Servicing works out at about £200 a month on top of that, and you arrive at £400 a month.

Reply to
Nom

But that's ok, cos you specifically bought the GT4 as a cheaper-to-run car than the SAAB !

Oh...wait....

:)

Reply to
Nom

Luxury! Mine's reading 16.9 average for the last fortnight.....

Reply to
Pete MC

You want to leave early and beat the traffic, you do.

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Doesn't matter either, cos you've got a "warrenty" :-)

Peter

-- "The humble bic biro draws 13 beards, 9 devil moustaches and 49 penises on newspapers in its lifetime."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Hey, i've started spelling that right now ;) And on a non-turbo engine, how many years from new of thrashing when cold would it take to actually do any damage?

Reply to
DanTXD

"Mason" wrote

Yeah there are two brothers who live near me - one has a bright orange Murcielago, the other has a green Murcielago.

They're both ugly losers - their dad bought them the Lambos so they might stand a change of pulling birds!

There are loads of amazing cars round here. Most impressive I've seen (albeit for only a few seconds) was a black Pagani Zonda.

Reply to
fishman