Peugeot 406 Turbo (Petrol)

Hi One and All,

I was wondering if there is anyone out here that has heard of the car, because peugeot haven't, ok so I think the guy on the service desk at my local dealership was a noobie......

Anyways, the car as it stands runs at a pathetic 150bhp and I was looking at modifying this.... OK its all thanks to the wonderful french films "Taxi 1,

2 & 3 "

Does anyone know what the standard boost pressure is for this car? (I'm asking because peugeot do not know and I cannot be bothered to test it)

Also what kind of power outputs could I expect from adding the below modifications to the car:

Forged Piston's Fast road head (oversized valves) Longer duration cam set Induction Filter Cosworth std injectors Cosworth 3bar map sensor Remap (Inc boost increase) NOS. 50bhp jets..

The car has already been fitted with a Garrett T25 hybrid turbo and a full stainless exhaust .

Many Thanks

-- Deviant Devanti

We are here for one reason, to reproduce; everything else we do is just to pass time until our next sexual encounter. :o)

Reply to
Deviant Devanti

Prob a good idea as IIRC the standard ones are a bit chocolate

Better and might as well if you pulling the lump apart - speak to dave baker at Puma as he's bloody good with XU's

Not a good idea to go too long duration on a turbo'd application for obvious reasons.

Hmm

What cosworth ones? Later Magneti ones won't work as arn't they high impendance ones?

Why does it have to be a Cosworth 3bar map sensor?

Can't remap the standard management without going unichip route but as theres plenty of plug in aftermarkets available for the PSA engines theres little point throwing money at it when you can get better for less.

Well that'll be about 50bhp worth then ;-) Do you want to use it as anti-lag, charge cooling or a power increase?

Is the cat still in there? If so dump that, is it a proper hybrid? Or is just a T25 with a 360degree bearing and larger trim compressor wheel? Give me the specs and I'll tell you what it'll be good for but much over 200bhp and it'll be out of its efficency range.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

Well a boost gauge is only about 30quid ;-), prob 7 - 9 psi at a guess.

Reply to
**-**

Fit a tyre valve to one of the turbo pipes and check it with one of those PCL gauges, they're pretty accurate :P.

Reply to
Doki

Tried a differnt type of pressure gauge and it said 5 psi, was hoping someone would know so they could tell me if this is right.....

D.

Reply to
Deviant Devanti

message

A proper hybrid is a combination of two families of Turbo's e.g. a T4 Compressor housing on a T3 Centre and Turbine housing. However most of the boyo's refer to there T3/T25's are being hybrids even though they've just got a bit bigger trim compressor wheel and 360degree bearing.

Well the 99 Turbo topped out at 120ish, so downhill, factoring in speedo inacuracy and a bit of luck it might have got close. ;-)

Reply to
**-**

SNIP

Yes but its a turbo'd application remember your forcing and air/fuel mix into the cylinders, if you go too long duration then it has the effect of the exhaust valve still being open as the inlet opens and the fuel air mix can be blown through the cylinder rather than into it. Also unless you are going for absolute power then just clean the inlet and exhaust ports up and take any nasty edges and castings out, your forcing air through them not relying tottaly on there flow capactiy when a vacuum is applied to one side, so just up the boost to increase flow, although Dave will disagree big time here and he's right ;-)

Tis fine I run one in mine, mainly cause the standard air box gets restrictive .

Well the standard ones will more the likely be low impendance bosch ones so any bosch low i injector will work fine, I run 30# 5.0 Mustang injectors in my Saab. If you just need a bit more fuel just up the pressure in the rail a bit as this will have the net result of flowing more fuel.

Well a map sensor is a map sensor is a map sensor, does the pug defo run map sensor?

say that they just remap your entire ecu without the need for a add onchip

They won't remap it more than likely they'll just dump a Superchips style chip into it, or in really worst case sceneraios solder a resiston onto the map sensor feed to clip the signal down a bit.

TBH leave it alone for any power increase just go with better chargecooling and more boost.

Well a hybrid will be laggy unless you do something like a T3 turbine with T25 compressor (which'd be f'kin tricky anyway lol). 660quid will more than likely buy you a well re-built T25 with a larger compressor wheel and

360degree bearing rather than a pukka hybrid. Oh and at 5psi of boost you really shouldn't be feeling lag

Look at it, if the compressor housing is much larger than the turbine housing its a pretty good indication.

Reply to
**-**

Oh and you are going to need much better charge cooling something along the lines of a large FMIC or decent Charge Cooler and for really big 1.2bar+ levels of boost water injection ain't a bad idea purely as detonation suppresion and to keep the combustion chamber tempreturs in check.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

What do you drive again ?

Yeah it does only its called a, hold on I have it here somewhere.......... there it is, its a turbocharger pressure regulation solinoid valve..... does that sound right to you ? ? ? ?

chargecooling

Really, maybe it needs putting on the rolling road to be set up ?

Kewl, will have a look sometime this week.... So realistically what would you say in terms of power could be achived with this engine ?

Ecosse do a set up like the bits I have said and they reckon 230 - 240bhp at high boost, I wanted high power low boost and NOS for emergency use only ! lol

Would it be worth doing the fast road head set with it being skimmed to raise the compression and then leave the boost as it is ?

What in your opinion would it take to get 250bhp+ out of the 2.0 8valve engine ?

cheers for all your help Matt !

Reply to
Deviant Devanti

A miracle.

Reply to
Lordy

If your wanting to spend this sort of money, get the 406 v6 and twin turbo it :)

Reply to
Cheater2k

I had aready considered this, but its already been done and I want to be original as can be ! :o)

Reply to
Deviant Devanti

Because no-ones *ever* turned up the boost on a 4pot turbo before...

Reply to
Lordy

exactly, and by reducing the pressure sent to the actuator the turbo will boost more which means that the wastegate will not open until the normally applied boost is inserted into the actuator.....

Thus higher the boost then the wastegate will open

Reply to
Deviant Devanti

Dont know bout u, but i would sooner have the v6 salloon with a twin turbo convertion with nos.

Your looking at 210bhp standard, then another possbily 150bhp with the turbos, then 50bhp nos injecters, maybe more. Now, i would hae the v6 :)

Reply to
Cheater2k

You need stronger actuator to stop the wastegate being forced open bleed valve won't solve this.

Matt

Reply to
**-**

And would you like me to cost that up for you? If you give me a blank check I'll do it for you and give you a reliable, bloody rapid car package at the end of it but believe me if you balked at £10K for the 4 Pot you might as well not look at the V6 ;-)

Matt

Reply to
**-**

No trust me Boost is the only way, other Mods just lead to more boost.

"Hello My Names Matt, and I'm addicted to Force Inducted Internal Combustion Engines, I'm doing around 80litres of Super U and 15 litres of Methanol a week........" ;-)

Reply to
**-**

Yeah but just think of it ;o)

Reply to
Cheater2k

I'd love to but I can't get past the logsitical nightmate it'd be ;-)

Reply to
**-**