Peugeot Indicators

The indicators (or as Peugeot like to call them, the Com 2000 (comm?) unit) on my 406 are playing up. This is apparently a very common problem for all the peugeots of a certain era.

Now, Peugeot want £150 for a set. Breakers want £90 for a set. There's a bloke on ebay who appears to be refurbing them (he sells on a return your old stalks basis with a surcharge) for £75 a set. Now, it's fairly clear to me that the issue with my indicators is that the springs are weak in it (it self cancels and sometimes goes straight through to indicating in the other direction).

Has anyone got any ideas how it might be done?

Reply to
Doki

Go to breakers and get another stalk for a tenner?

--=20 Conor

I only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't=20 looking good either. - Scott Adams

Reply to
Conor

then you have your old unit you can take apart, refurb it and flog it on ebay, should even be a profit.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

The springs in indicator switches are often not conventional springs. Chances are the spring is formed as part of a plastic moulding. If it breaks the only real way to repair is to replace the moulding, which is unlikely to be sold as a spare part. Maybe the guy repairing them has found a way of modifying them to fit a conventional spring, or has invested in an injection mould to make a new part. Without the right equipment, I doubt if a repair is a DIY job. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

Rebadge it as a BMW, jobs a good un.

-- JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk

LOL!

My son has just bought a Y-reg Beemer; the LH indicators don't work. I suggested to him that it probably came from the factory like it...

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

or ask this guy

or this chap

Vamp

Which bit of "Breakers want £90 for a set" did you not understand. It's an integrated unit of both sets of stalks and fails very regularly. Up until 4 years old Peugeot will replace FoC up to 3 times. Working ones in breakers are not exactly common or cheap.

Reply to
Doki

Sounds like good grounds for a recall.

Reply to