Peugot M16 into Escort Mark 2 ???

Thinking of installing a M16 into my Group4 prepped Mark 2 Escort (Rally project). Any info or advice?

Ron

Reply to
ron pirie

Look for a rover (v8 type) 'box and mate it to the M16 using a bellhousing from an LDV "Pilot" van. Engine slants a fair bit so might be a bit of a squeeze....

Reply to
Tony Bond

Tony Bond wrote

yeah but with that slant it's like having half of a V8

Reply to
fishman

Have heard this combo before, have you seen it work? Nice engine, up to 225bhp on standard bottom end.

I've seen it (well almost, saw pictures) in a 7, although instead of the M16 it was an XUD turbo (same bellhousing bolt pattern) he only kept the engine for a few months, although he liked it, his mates who went out for a spin with him on a weekend made him tail-end-charlie 'cos they didn't like chewing on the fumes ;)

I'd have loved to see it in RL it must've sounded mental :)

Reply to
Tony Bond