Ping Iridium.

Was there some sort of meet with them Renaults you've just bought? I was out for a drive today and saw 6 of them in convoy. There was a modded corsa charging the other way which immediately turned around and tried to chase them. I almost felt pitty.

Reply to
conkersack

There was a meet at a place in Lymm today I beleive yes, members of V6Clio.net :-)

Aww, poor Corsa mwahahah :D

Reply to
Iridium

Bugger, if I had known I might have nipped along for a nose. The tradition of sticking stupid engines into the back of Renault shopping hatches has always made me giggle, and confirmed that the french are indeed as mad as a box of frog's legs.

Reply to
Elder

That tradition is made reality by the British for it was TWR who was contracted to develop and build the V6 Clio's back in -iirc- 1999/2000.

Romours claim that Renault Dieppe (the former Alpine factory) refused to build it because "it would never work". Tom Walkingshaw, never shy when money was for grabs, is said to have build the prototype within 2 weeks and have it driven by road to Renault HQ. He must have been quite convincing.

As for sticking stupid engines in the back of a small shopping hatch: Metro 6R4 ring a bell?

Say what you want about the French: their food is good. I happen to like frog's legs a lot.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

I was once in a restaurant in Brussels. My mate, who'd had a couple of bottles of wine was munching away on frogs legs, absolutely adamant that it was chicken. Which I enjoyed given that frogs legs look a hell of a lot like frogs legs :).

Reply to
Doki

Yeah, that'd sound right. They were quite impressive looking in convoy!

Reply to
conkersack

I was thinking back to

Much earlier, and for it's time, much more mental.

Reply to
Elder

That were not big engines: 1.4l in displacement and derived -well just taken over- from the Renault 4. I could (probably still can) lift one.

The Turbo 2-engine had its nickname: "the grenade engine" but when Ragnotti won Corsica (which prompted the Cevennes version of the engine) the woes went away.

Still stayed a fragile and short-lived piece of kit but in the right hands the car proved itself a grenade to any opposition.

Tom De Moor

Reply to
Tom De Moor

Not big in capacity, but big in performance and relatively big in horse power.

Reply to
Elder