Ping Richard Kilpatrick

Recognise this ugly old beast then ?

Here's a picture of the same thing in my driveway - halfwat through us nailing a new 2.0 pinto into the engine bay.
Did you Subaru ever recover from the journey home with 15 tons of Ginetta on the trailer ?

Everyone else - stop laughing. I have crap kit car and naff old Porsche dependency, Ok ?

I'll get me coat.............

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Thought I'd find something about Zils from the URL. I'd like to get one, and then go motoring around the eastern bloc :P.

Reply to
Doki

I've used the Zilspeed name now for some years as a homage to my late Father who had a couple of Ladas. Tenuous link I know, but it's kinda stuck.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

You know what's really amusing?

Today, Ian - the bloke who got the Ginetta from me - just got another one. Today. Another 2.0 Pinto engined G26. I mean, other than being a glutton for punishment... I'm very amused that it ended up on eBay! I'll have to tell him tomorrow.

Scary...

The Subaru survived and was lovely - but it's now very dead, apparently, as the body rotted away totally. Towing a six-wheel trailer, with that beast on the back, was great fun. The dual range box in a 2.2 GX is very useful.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Have you got the t-shirt:

'I wanted a Lotus, but all I could afford was this' ;-)

Actually, it's not that bad in a Lotus Exel wannabe sort of way.

Reply to
SteveH

500 quid it was. Rather less than an excel. The 924 was the price of a decent curry more than that and is infinitely better in every way.
Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

that ginetta thing looks like an xr2. with bits on the end.

Reply to
Theo

Fiesta rear and side windows and fiesta doors. Cortina front screen and dash. It's RWD though, so that's where the fiesta connection ends.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

I know someone who wants a rwd mk2, if u find any decent ones give me a shout. (fessie that it)

Reply to
Theo