Ping RichardK

not a touring, but it is for sale...

Alistair J Murray

HFM!

I find it hard to believe that's worth £4k more than a tidy 325i.

Reply to
SteveH

Lol Steve's back :)

Reply to
Ronny

It's in budget. :)

It's much more in ///M3 territory.

210(/204 w.cat)bhp, better suspension, 1 of 108(/52), niiiiiiiice wheels, etc... A
Reply to
Alistair J Murray

That's the problem. It's around about M3 money, but it's not an M3. It's a tarted up 325i.

No matter how much you tart up an E30 325i, it'll still be just an old E30.

A proper M3 is an entirely different car.

Reply to
SteveH

Bit early for me, though - my Beetle doesn't return to Brummieland until February/March :/

I've been a bit hectic the past fortnight, too. Hence a general absence from the world!

(Relocated the studio. And weakness be damned, I bought another Kramer on eBay. I need my bidding finger amputated).

Richard

Reply to
RichardK
[...]

Except it's not, it's a C2.

///M3 go and handling plus smoothness and luxury.

Except it's not, it's a C2.

*MUCH* less common and available in RHD

Just like a B6 3.5S...

Alistair J Murray

What, an E30 M3?

Insufficient cylinders.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

325i or that tarted up one is barely any better, cylinders are in the wrong formation.
Reply to
SteveH

I like straight sixes a lot :)

I'd prefer a V8, mind.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Nah, a 6 has to be a V.

Reply to
SteveH

Nooooooooooooooo!!!!!!

All the great sixes are inline - inherent balance.

There are some interesting and wonderful V6s but no great ones.

Alistair J Murray

*shakes head*

Straight sixes have true heritage. Bentley made a straight six. Lots of Real Cars have straight sixes.

V6s? Crappy underpowered Mazdas, gutless Fords, and post-costcutting Mercedes Benz.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Old jags where the crank would bend if you were a bit hard on them :-)

But yes, 6s should be straight.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

You missed Vauxhall out of that list.

Alfa and Ferrari seem to be missing from that one.

Reply to
SteveH

Nothing wrong with pre-GM Vauxhalls :D

Yes, of course. Sorry. Crappy cambelt-snapping Italian lumps with stupid service intervals :D

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

I haven't owned a Jaguar (but if I did, I would refuse to call it a Jag)

- XJ40s sort of tempt me in a Russian Roulette style, I'd like an XJS, and of course older machinery (but not the ubiquitous Mk II/S-type, even a 420G is pushing it for being a bit too retro)...

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

V6s have "packaging" advantages, can fit them further into the middle of the car improving weight distribution and therefore balance. Mounting in-line sixes transversely is challenging too.

Many of the best cars have V engines, but not sixes....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Lol - one of my mates refuses to recognise my A class as being a Mercedes, but I was parked in London a couple of weeks ago and blocked someone in in the car park where I was working - they found me and askedme to move my "Benz"....

Reply to
Tim S Kemp