PING: The Regulars - cheap cars for sale?

Just wondering what you lot have currently got (or know of) for sale?

Mate of mine's looking for a cheap + cheerful motor - not too ancient looking, preferably diesel, and not "scrappy looking" i.e. a model that started in the early to mid 90s, and not old-ish looking 80s stuff like BXs etc (though I did try and tempt him with Carl's BX GTi 16v but he didn't want it).

Preferably diesel, up to £1500 cash for the right car (only if it's genuinely worth that though). Ideally something 93-98 vintage I guess.

Anyone?

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Damn :)

And if anyone has something diesel in the

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Well he's now looking at a ZX 1.9D that's just down the road from him - long MOT but no tax, and in need of a headlight and a wheel bearing, asking £375. I said he should aim to pay about £250 for it if it's in decent nick.

Though I don't really see how if he wants something remotely modern looking (i.e. modern as in at least early to mid 90s), that a ZX fits the bill but a BX doesn't.....

Reply to
AstraVanMan

('Ow do, all.)

I might be selling my Mk3 Golf TDI soonish if that's any good to him - N reg, 144k, MOT til June 2007, taxed til the end of the month - =A3850.

GL model, so electric windows all round, electric mirrors, electric roof, and it's got central locking as well.

Front bumper could do with replacement or spraying, and it has a few minor car park dents (hence the price), but other than that it's alright really.

Drives very well, and with the 'tuning box' I recently fitted, it's pretty rapid too - tuning box is being removed before its sold, or available separately.

I'm only selling because I need something a bit tidier for work - as a daily driver, I can't really fault it.

--=20 JackH

Reply to
jackhackettuk