Please someone buy our MR2

Due to financial issues the MR2 has to go soon - the missus really needs a cheap hack for the motorway, plus some of the cash tied up in it. Would be good if someone I know (or know of) would buy it so my misus would know it's going to a good home. Was a little bit of interest on here before - still any here?

If not it'll be going on ebay in the next few weeks.

This is him at, taken at the weekend:

Would take something cheap and diesel in part ex.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

interested in a renault 19 1.9 n/a diesel in part ex?

what sort of money you after?

Reply to
Rob

Dont think she likes 19s, but will give it a try. Is it a Rob Special, or does it actually work? :) Tax/MoT?

Got it up for sale for £1300 elsewhere and have had some interest, but that was a bit of a cheeky price TBH. £1200 would be nice, as I've spent about

100 quid on it in the last 2 weeks!
Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Power's about 120bhp, but with a decent torque curve due to the TVIS. 0-60 in around 8s. Removable 'moonroof'. E/w. E/m.

I fitted new second hand engine about 7k miles ago, which is of the later (and stronger) red top variety. At the same time it had a new cambelt, newish EBC clutch (was about a 1000 miles old) and new coolant. Full Magnex stainless steel exhaust with a new genuine Toyota manifold. Oz Racing alloys which are fairly new (tyres aren't great, but makes the handling better IMHO). Front strut brace. Just had 2 new handbrake cables, new rear caliper (the other is fairly new too), new front discs and pads, plus new fluid at the same time. Just had oil and filter change (Semi synth Magnatec, same as it always has). Will come with a boot fuel of spares. Lots of history. MoT till June 07. Tax till Oct 06.

Gearbox is getting a bit noisy, but still shifts nice and smooth and doesnt pop out of fifth (common problem). You can get decent boxes for £50 though anyway - if I can find one locally I might try and do this one day.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Red Top - you'll get him all excited! :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Nice

Reply to