PMSL

Nice car, but look at the small print and his reasons for selling it. It could be any one of us, you know?

Reply to
Steve Firth

Heh. Indeed. I must admit that I'm a little surprised to find you looking at such things - I thought you preferred your grunt with more armchairs and fewer spoilers...

Reply to
Albert T Cone

Oh I'm not thinking of buying one, I *know* what erindoors means when she says "just do what you want". It means "don't you dare buy that bloody thing".

This is what she has lined up for me at present:

Steve Firth

What is it, and why is it grinning at me?!

Reply to
conkersack

It's a Nissan Elgrand. A 4x4 van with Tiptronic gearbox and the same engine as the 350Z. It has eight enormous seats that do the spinny round thing and the usual wodge of drop down DVD screens etc in the back. The seats fold up to the sides so it can used as a posh Transit or as an equally posh MPV.

I suspect that it handles like a Transit as well, but the Imperial Edict has been issued, and the 4xFord is overdue for replacement.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Good to see the seller is a born and bred UK citizen.

Reply to
StevieB

Sounds all right, that. Comfy seats and an autobox gets my vote.

Reply to
conkersack

Does it come with an optional red swoosh, a mohican and a ton of gold chains?

I'm seeing you in a whole new light, Steve-o.

Reply to
PC Paul

Quiet Fool!

Reply to
Steve Firth

It's moments like these that I am glad that I am getting divorced.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

It's the choice of cars and the desire to fill the bedroom with frils, lace and perfume that make marriage more difficult than it should be.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Tell her if she gets to choose the car then you should be allowed your filligree.

Reply to
Grant

You're right, but /why/ do you want to fill the bedroom with frills, lace and perfume?? I'm not surprised it's difficult for her.

Reply to
Jamesy

That might not be so bad. My Citroen Dispatch certainly handled a lot better than the Meriva hire car I had...

Reply to
Doki

I'm still trying to forget the two worst hire cars I've had, a Seat Altea and a Dodge Calibre. I don't think the Dodge should be on sale, it's that dangerous.

Reply to
Steve Firth

What was dangerous about it?

Reply to
conkersack

Dreadful torque steer in any gear with sloppy steering and the handling of a barge. Attempt to accelerate even gently and it would drift several feet to the left on the motorway. Pile of crap.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I saw a Nissan Elgrand Homy today. It was white which I thought was ironic.

Reply to
Elder

Sadly the Homy doesn't have the white leather interior, but it should do.

Reply to
Steve Firth