Possibly lookin for an Mi16 or Golf GTi

Sounds painful!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

It's only done fifty-odd thousand miles - the gearbox is fine :)

Reply to
Nom

Nah - it's only a SMIDGEON quicker. Certainly not worth the loss of aircon and stuff !

Reply to
Nom

Black cars are EVEN HARDER to keep clean !

Reply to
Nom

I wouldn't miss what i've never had :)

Reply to
Dan405

Then do what i do, and dont clean it :) You should see my car, its a state. A guy at work said to me, jokingly, were you in the rally at the weekend? He looked a bit shocked when i said yes :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Nom made the world a better place for us by saying..

handles better though, amazing the difference a bit of weight can make..

lookin at the Kerbweight chart in the MOT station today.. my big ol' Alfa weighs less than a 1.4 Focus. Rather suprised at that I was...

Reply to
Pete M

How much does the big ol' Alfa weigh? My 405 weights a puny 1050kg, whereas the GTi 180 i think i mentioned somewhere up there ^ weighs somewhere round

1200kg :O!
Reply to
Dan405

Dan405 made the world a better place for us by saying..

about 1420 Kg I think.

Reply to
Pete M

Don't think that's right - Alfa 164 TS weighs 1380kg , Focus 1.4 zetec weighs 1054kg

You sure you weren't looking at maximum laden weights or towing weights or something?

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Andrew Kirby made the world a better place for us by saying..

you're only bloody right. According to the chart in the garage a Focus 1.4 weighed more that the Alfa, but according to the squinternet, the Focus is anywhere between 1059Kg and 1570Kg...

Reply to
Pete M