Prudential - voided our insurance

We thought we would tell them about the alloys we had fitted plus the rear spoiler I fitted myself and the buggers voided our insurance because I fitted the spoiler myself.

Been with them 3 years, its not as though we are young either I am 44, wife

  1. They had given us 7 days to either remove the spoiler or find some other insurance, well I know where they can go.

Now changed to Adrain Flux, insurance is about £70 quid more, but I can do cosmetic chages without any extra on premium.

Tosh

Reply to
Tosh

just hope you dont have to claim ;)

Reply to
Andy Connolly

Would this be the same Adrian "Cover Note Kings" Flux mentioned on here for years?

Never used them myself; too scared to!

Phil

Reply to
Phil Howard

For the record I've never had any problems with Flux, cheap good cover, always had a certificate of insurance within a month of taking a policy..

Unlike greenlight who took 8 months to issue a certificate and then claimed that they didn't issue proof of NCB when a policy finished....

Reply to
Mark Craft

Ah well, since Flux charged me £50 to amend my details when I put a private plate on my car, I've given them a wide berth. For the record though, I've found Greenlight to be consumate professionals whenever I've dealth with them.

Reply to
Andy Connolly

Yes.

You should be.

Reply to
Lordy

direct line said that for adding 'non-standard alloys' and 'tinted windows' it was another £300!!!!

so i kept the alloys quiet as i'm not sure if there standard as i know nothing bout nothing :)

Reply to
Vamp

GISC Stands for General Insurers Standards Council So..... GISC rules apply to all forms of insurance..

I'm sure I could dig out the documents if you really want them..

(just so happen to work for an insurance software house!)

Reply to
=CBH= Carnage

They only apply to insurers who *choose* to join the GISC tho, it's not a blanket organisation that covers everyone.

Reply to
Lordy