Pug 205 1.9 gti

If I was to come across one of these stupidly cheaply with minor mot failure but good body work, is there anything in particular I should keep my eyes open for?

Reply to
Ed

Make sure it's not Rob's :-)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Haha yes thats a start..

Reply to
Ed

Good resource:

fishman

STFU about it so I don't start wanting one?

Reply to
Doki

If it goes, it's not Rob's. (c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Hedges whilst going sideways or backwards? :)

Generally bulletproof as I understand, some lumpy idling is quite normal...

Reply to
DervMan

Valve stem seals are a common issue causing a bit of smoke on startup. Listen out for noisy CV joints. Check all the electrics, as that can cause headaches trying to trace faults.

But TBH if it's stupidly cheap, it runs and only needs minor work for the MoT then go for it. I've just bought my sister one (just a 1.4GR though) and driving the 60 miles up to her last night I found myself wanting one again - great little cars!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

As Carl said, stem seals, smokey start up, clunky suspension. Suspension parts are cheap as chips, and to be fair, most of them clunk even when nothing is wrong... The engine is pretty tough as a rule, the electrics are quite flakey, but mainly stuff like the windows, rear window heaters seem a common problem on ALL older Pugs. Lumpy idle is something that most just live with "They all do that sir". The main worry would be accident damage, they don't really rust too badly as a rule, but as starting to show their age now. Miami Blue and especially Sorrento Green ones are rare and very rare respectively.

Reply to
DanTXD

Cheers all.. I'll see what happens..

Ed