pug/citroen V6 lumps

anyone have any thoughts on the puggy/citroen 3l V6 lumps??????

Reply to
Rob

No, Rob, a V6 BX isn't a good idea.

It's certainly *way* beyond what you can do on your drive.

Reply to
SteveH

You won't get one in the BX anymore than you got a V8 in the Punto :-)

Reply to
DanTXD

I've heard they're ideally suited to a transversely mounted, mid-engined, FWD setup on a BX.

I think you'd be much better off going for silly power out of the lump that's already in there myself. Supercharger and turbocharger, that sort of thing.

-- "For want of the price of tea and a slice, the old man died."

Reply to
AstraVanMan

pfft not that bad

seen 2 put in a 205 before :) :) :)

Reply to
Rob

He could build a 4TC Evo replica:

*drool*
Reply to
SteveH

Didn't Matt Faulks get near 200 BHP out of an n/a 16V BX a few years ago? Cams and head work mainly iirc

mike p

Reply to
Mike P

9,000rpm limit iirc....
Reply to
DanTXD

looking at options for a reliable bit power and cheap fun toy :)

oh well bang goes that :)

the good thing about the V6 is its all alloy design (but so's the mi )

hoping to crack 180 horses on the 8v with standalone managment and tb's

Reply to
Rob

Why not spend a couple of hundred on an Mi16 engine instead? Pour the same amount of money in and you'll have 200+bhp!

Or the 2.0 Turbo CT engine.

In fact find a knackered Xantia Activa and then put the engine and the Hydractive suspension into your BX. That would be awesome!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Except: The reason the Xantia is knackered will be something like failed hydropneumagically adjustable glibshafts. If you put the system on a BX it would just be a knackered BX. (c:

Rob's BX didn't even go the last time I saw it!

(c:

Reply to
Douglas Payne

i'll send you the vids douglas all the hydro pnumagiggle gubbins working freely and the bix spitting flames when backing off the revs :)

bliss

Reply to
Rob

Maybe, maybe not. Find one with a knackered engine and you'll be ok - plenty of other places to find one of those!! Or use an XM. You can get a working one for peanuts!!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

of those!! Or use an XM. You can get a

why bother already been offered a bix 4x4 minus engine for free :) :) :) almost tempted to slug a v6 into that and go play silly buggers :)

Reply to
Rob

you think????

i made a 205 go on my driveway once :)

cant be worse than a valver nova conversion :)

straightforward drop n play job with the psa parts bin :)

Reply to
Rob

LOL, and you think you had problems with the 205? Why do you think the 4x4 is free?!!!

Besides, it's still just a BX at the end of the day, it wont have the hydractive suspension!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

because the engine is kaputsky

Reply to
Rob

I think it's an excellent idea myself. Ideally with Activa suspension.

Richard

Reply to
RichardK

Well, yes, in theory, it's an excellent idea.

But this is Rob's idea. Which means it'll stop at angle grinding the front of the car out.

Reply to
SteveH