Punto Brakes

Hi All,

Just bought myself a cheap punto 1.2 as a runaround. It's actually a hoot to drive and the engine seems seems to love being caned :-)

Only problem I have with it, is that the standard brakes are good - plenty of feel but on the country roads I drive on a lot, they start to fade badly. Can anyone recommend a set of decent pads for it? It's on 13" wheels and s**te indian tyres.

Cheers Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Mintex M1144s

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Might work better at high temps but what you really need is non shopping real brakes about 5 times bigger!

Reply to
Burgerman

Fiat Coupe Brembos. YKIMS

Reply to
fishman

Well, yes, I know that :-) It's only a bleedin' 1200 punto though. I'm not going to spend a fortune on making it stop, when 95% of the time it is fine. It's those long downhill country roads it can't handle. I've had the brakes smoking at the bottom on more than one occasion...

Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

I bet they are bigger than my wheels :-(

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Well you could fit Fiat Coupe Brembos and wheels then!

Reply to
fishman

I could, but that's rather extreme for a car with all of 60BHP :-)

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

No, Fitting Ferrari Enzo calipers is extreme.

Reply to
fishman