Quiet in here

No car news from me but I just bought a VFR800 SteveH's bike of choice for a long time. He was actually right about something. I like it. Still waiting for it to burst into flames or rust like an Alfa.

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Everyone is spending summer enjoying the mods they've done. Come dark evenings, they'll be back in their garages

Reply to
Conor

Yeah, everyone seems to have cars they like or are selling them. PeteM does most of his car stuff as Facebook updates these days. You may recognise a few of the names who comment on them.

Reply to
Elder

Yep, I love my Activa, it's brilliant. Apart from having it remapped to

179BHP, there's not really a lot you can do to one to mod it on the cheap. Once wifey goes back to work there's a possibility I'll do more to the engine

Oh, I don't know.. Astravanman (I didn't know his real name at the time) found me on Facebook, with the opening line "you're probably wondering who the f*ck I am..."

-- Mike P

Reply to
Mike P

Indeed, I'm loving the XJR. :)

Reply to
Pete M

Hmm, favourite for that would be a worn bush or a failed exhaust hanger but you indicate that all of these have been changed for new. Odd that he retrofitted cruise, I thought it was standard on the XJR. Every one that I have had came with it as standard.

The rear diff and subframe was bomb proof, the only pain in that area was on the previous XJ40 which had shock absorbers made out of fragile expensivium. The X300 had the problem fixed and the X300 shocks were good for about 100,000 miles.

Reply to
Steve Firth