radar detectors

my mate is after one, but wants one which does the radar detecting rather than the gps thingy he's been nabbed on the motorway twice now and would rather spend his hard earned on something that's going to work rather than something that's going to tell him there is a speed camera he can see in front of him

please no "he shouldn't be driving that fast" replies, I've already suggested a road angel thing type but he wants radar detection above all else

snooper do anything good? because that's the only name I've heard about

Reply to
dojj

neo S4 is the best of both worlds

both gps with laser/radar detector thang ;)

Reply to
Rob

If he's been done on the motorway he's most prob either been followed and the police have caught him using a front mounted a cam and calibrated Speedo or he's been caught using VASCAR which measures between points previously calibrated again

The chances of getting done via Laser/Radar are pretty minimal on the motorway and you would be caught before your device has recognised it.

Laser takes about 1 sec to hit your vehicle then return back to the bloke sitting on the bridge and is accurate up to about a mile, far beyond you actually seeing him.

The days of K/KA radar have gone.

Ohhhh long gone are my Special Constable days :)

Don't ask why I got booted out...

Reply to
Ronny

They're shit, and they don't work.

The GPS type are the only way to go these days.

Reply to
Nom

" dojj" wrote

A friend of mine has an LRC-100 at least that's what I think it's called. It's a laser detector and jammer thingy (you know the one that pretends to be a garage door opener or something).

He also has an Origin B2.

That's over £600 worth of equipment.

He also has a good lawyer for when he does get nobbled. But he has a clean license so all the cost has to be worth it huh!

Reply to
fishman

Hello,

Tell him not to waste his money. I have a SNOOPER and found it to be completely useless. By the time it detects a signal it's too late - this is the point people fail to understand. If the detector has warned you, it had picked up a signal almost always pointed at you. It's just a device to tell you that you have a ticket on the way - OR you have passed a shop or traffic light. The LASER detector on my SNOOPER was a waste of time too - it can't pick up the beam (narrow bandwidth) unless directly in-line with it, and what are the chances of that. Please don't waste loads on a crap device that tells you when you have been caught!

Tell him to drive at a speed appropriate for the road, and then if he goes faster it's a gamble. Inappropriate speed kills, so I fail to see how

100mph down a clear motorway harms anyone.
Reply to
Mb

Hello,

So if he has been caught, that proves his stuff doesn't work! It's really pointless buying detectors. The companies use the same marketing techniques on boy racers to sel lthem an air filter of backbox that give "POWER" but actually does nothing. People are being taken in by S A L E S people, that's all it is down to - SALES and how much someone can make out of a gullible person.

Reply to
Mb