Re: A pox on...

(Gah, this is the last time I buy anything Vauxhall that's mildly sporty)

You might consider fitting a half decent immobiliser which should stop these type of joyriders.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Isn't that a vauxhall??

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yes, but A: It's not a sporty one, and B: They've got four out of five stars for standard security on Parkers guide... whether that means the newer ones were much better or not, I dunno, but with hub caps etc., the're hardly the joyriders first choice in transport.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

yeah the best security feature is the 'vectra GLS' badge on the back :)

Reply to
Vamp

My thoughts exactly... ;-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Yes, they're so practical when you need to ferry a wife and two kids around, as well as doing the odd delivery job in from time to time... ;-)

The chaps who just bought a GTE gearbox off me, turned up in one of those actually... very nice.

I've been offered a very clean Mazda 323 4x4 Turbo in metallic black for £500 with a long MOT... *must* resist!

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

DO IT!! If only i had the money!

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Gah, stop it... I want a sensible car! :'(

I do like the little light that comes on to tell you the turbo is on boost though :-)

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

but people say all my posts are funny?

Reply to
Vamp

do it you fool! MMMMMM turbo *drools homer style*

Reply to
Vamp

Heh, you're not helping either!

Probably a better buy than that Rover 600 I reckon actually though, given the lower cost, and better overall condition.

They're quite well respected, the 323 4x4 Turbo, aren't they?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

you say that like it's bad.......or like your jealous :)

Reply to
Vamp

i think so, they look nice but hide the power by looking like well a mazda

323 hehe plus add the grip or 4wd and WEEEEEEEEEE

BUY!

Reply to
Vamp

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Hell yeah! Fecking quick for a little mazda too! Keep it in good nic and you'll have no probs selling it on (especially to people in the rallying community). In fact why dont you buy it, keep it for a year then sell it to me? :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

We're talking about the earlier shaped ones, yes?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Heh, and no doubt minging with the stench of carting dogs (or pigs) around...

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Well... I've agreed to buy the Vectra after all that. Just waiting for either the insurance to pay up for the Calibra, or the Clio to sell.

I must admit that the Mazda is tempting though... very good nick for an E plate from what I've seen of it.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

The only one in 4x4 turbo form I've seen is a round K11 Micra/Toyota Starlet Shape.

Mate had a J plate 1.6 323 5 door in the long stretched out shape with the popups. I think it is later than that.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Ive been told that my 900 smells like a proper Saab should, and that all the good ones do.

Maybe something in that. Or maybe it is the cabin/pollen filter (yes on a 20 year old car).

Reply to
MeatballTurbo