Re: A6 1.8T 150bhp Is not enough!!

Note: follow-up set to alt.autos.audi

> > And a "bigger turbo and a head gasket" is *not* one of the methods! > > > > It could be. > > Prove it.

So you're saying that putting a bigger turbocharger, with a higher boost pressure, and an uprated head gasket, will *not* increase the power output of an engine?

The mind boggles......

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

So, to save face, you've stooped to putting words in my mouth. It's a lovely straw man, but of course I never said any such thing.

"In addition to my other post, there surely must be a way to uprate the engine to 225bhp, as it's the same basic engineas the Audi TT, isn't it. I'd have thought a chip, and an uprated head gasket would be all that's needed, but I may be wrong."

You haven't the faintest idea of how to get to 225 from 150. No, a turbo and head gasket alone WILL NOT SUFFICE.

Maybe you should just own up to the last five words of your statement above, and just call it good, hmm?

Indeed. It's been a long time since I have seen someone make such a big fool of themselves in USENET.

Spider

Reply to
Spider

I thought it was a reworked head and turbo, possibly a different turbo and a different ecu/chip? Assumadly the head gasket will have to be changed as well to take the strain of the extra power?

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

As far as I am aware you can chip it straight off to about 190BHP which will cost you about £400 ish. or you can spend around (I think) 2.5k and get it to 225 or even up to 250-260bhp. 40bhp for 400 is certainly better value, but I imagine 250bhp in a A3 would be pretty quick.

Reply to
Andy R
[snip]

Cheaper on this side of the Pond, but that's about right.

Yup. For that 2.5k, you get quite a bit of extra kit, including intake and exhaust, I would imagine. Bigger turbo, etc.

Spider

Reply to
Spider