Air Horns - Legal implication

OK - so other than the fact their f****ng annoying and embarrasing - are there any illegal implications to these...provided they arent hooked up to the primary horn button? (i.e switch on the dash)

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

Hello,

My car passed the MOT with airhorns and the normal horn connected up to the horn button. They are good for getting stupid people out of the road as they just walk out infront of you, or letting old people and boy racers know they are about to drive into you.

For you to ask such a question you must want to know for a reason, wouldn't it be easier to say. Then we could answer you, rather than you getting loads of answers until you find the one you want.

Reply to
Frank

You're absolutely correct. A friend of mine pulled up in his 2001 Polo at lunch time yesterday with Dixie Land echoing through the west end of Glasgow.

Extremely amusing, until he plays it when you're next to the car and people see you with him :-$

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

But not all air horns play tunes. And even those that do may be able to be altered to just play a chord - which would be legal.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

Sorry - I should have been clearer in my OP. It is a musical air horn, but it is connected using an auxiliary switch and is completely seperate from the main horn...are these legal?

Ta, G.

Reply to
G-Man

But Brian, airhorns should only be seen fitted to cars on Barryboys and cruisewirral.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar