Re: Another "What Car" post.

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, DanTXD decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

"Pete M" wrote in > message news:43395c62$0$49018$ snipped-for-privacy@news.sunsite.dk... >> >> So, any other suggestions? >> > > Long time no see - hope impending lifestyle change isn't a majorly > bad thing :-)

Nah, fed up of living in the city, don't enjoy the rat race...

> As far the cars, 406 V6?

Top suggestion, but could I get one for around a grand?

Reply to
Pete M

Why not a 166 V6 they sell for peanuts

Cosworth V6 I hope?

Look for a Griffin spec 2.3 turbo (CD saloon body with everything) or a

2.3 auto FPT Anniversary.

Please don't do the V6. Look for a 2.0 turbo or a 2.3 NA or an early 9-

  1. > Lancia Thema Turbo LS (ignore the rust bit)

You do like a little bit of italian don't you.

Both good solid plod and cruise monsters

Good luck with the change. Been feeling the same recently and the country does seem like a good idea. Even considered emigrating but can't decide where.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Autotrader suggests they start from around 1250, for an '98 Auto with 115k miles.

Reply to
DanTXD

What about a Diesel Pajero? Run it on 50/50 red and SVO? Should interest your wicked streak and get you in with the locals pretty quickly.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, NeedforSwede2 decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

They're at least £3000, and I'm only after spending around a grand.

Yup, all 24v Granadas have the Cossie lump.

Will do.

It's got to be semi-quick at least. The VX V6 isn't a bad lump really, and

900 V6's are worth about the same as mouldy old socks.

Love it ;-)

The Merc would be my choice, obviously, but the E32 has a better speaker set up and are normally much cheaper.

I've not decided where to go yet, but I've got to go somewhere a lot more relaxed than here. It's just a case of finding somewhere, finding work etc. Hence flogging the Rangie and Capri and buying something cheaper to give me a few quid to re-start with...

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, NeedforSwede2 decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

It's Jap, and must therefore be shunned.

Besides, there's no way I'm going from a Range Rover to a bloody Shogun...

Reply to
Pete M

You been getting on the wrong side of some people in Liverpool? (you've been very quiet recently..)

Devon, big car. Mmmm. Keep the rangie, or else get something old and not too wide - aged BMW 5? (dunno how wide these are).

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Yeah but think of the fun of running round on red diesel and chip oil. And the lack of tax. The other option is setting up a still and building to run ethanol.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Devon, ffs, why!?

South Wales is the only place to be ;-)

Suits you....

You said rust resistant.

I quite like those, but they're Vauxhall.

Cheap as chips, just don't buy from a Saab enthusiast 'cos they think they're worth lots of money for some reason.

That'll be a MkIII Chavalier in fancy clothes, then.

Post 86 are galvanised.... there's an article on the Thema 8.32 vs Maserati BiTurbo in PC this month.

Dull.

You'd look like a low-rent boozer landlord.

To add to the above:

155 2lt Widebody Super Lusso. One or two very late ones out there for under a grand. Might even find a V6 if you're lucky.
Reply to
SteveH

No probably about it.... I looked at investing in buy to let in the valleys, but found out that, although some house prices had rocketed, the rental income was about the same as it was 5 or so years back (£240 / month for a 3 bed terraced isn't unusual).

Reply to
SteveH

In news:43396738$0$16327$ snipped-for-privacy@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net, Clive George decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Nah, I've just had enough of the scallies. Not had any grief off anyone, but in my line of work you get to realise just how many brainless imbeciles there are in any city. Been quiet due to a lack of funds, basically other things being more important than paying BlueYonder...

I'd have an E28 535iSE, but I doubt I'd get a nice one for a grand.

Reply to
Pete M

How about an E28 528iSE? - there's what looks like a fairly tidy one on Autotrader for £895.

Reply to
SteveH

What about Canada? BC would be my choice.

Reply to
conkersack

Quite possibly - it's a Peugeot V6. If it isn't that cheap yet, try again next week :)

Reply to
Lordy.UK

Did think about either Canada or NZ. But both can be fussy about trades they allow in. I like Canada for the cultural Diversity, but NZ because it is like 60's britain with modern technology. And the have old brit cars as much as modern Jap ones.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Oh yes. Big ovloV or Early A6 should be doable.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2
[...]

Sweden's nice. Quite fancy one of the Baltics though.

...or Finland.

Alistair J Murray

Finland is major league tempting.. Scandinavia just has something really.. interesting about it..

and for once I don't just mean the blonde ladies..

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@news.individual.net, NeedforSwede2 decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

I've done the big ovloV thing, had a lovely 760 GLE.. IRS one.

Audis.. well, they're just too boring.

Reply to
Pete M

IRS?

I was gonna say, surely that wouldn't suit sir ;-)

Reply to
DanTXD