Re: anti chav

> It's getting fk'in stupid, it's not even remotely funny any more.

Yup - I'd like a definition too. Someone gave a website, but that must have been written by one - it came up blank on my browser.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In article , theo*+*@*+*letsblowitup*.*com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

And sounds like Romany.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

try

jeremy

That wasn't predictable at all.

Reply to
Lordy

"Burgerman" wrote

Burgerman! you live in Grimsby - look outside your house and count ten people. Nine of them will be chavs.

Reply to
fishman

Well said that man. Unfortunately they only made a diesel Ascona. I suppose the TD Omega is the modern equivalent.

Reply to
yeha

Yep, more I think! I know now, google is my freind...

Reply to
Burgerman

a manta needs a straight 6 TDi.

Reply to
Theo

Eurgh. No.

Straight 6 petrol from a Carlton GSi 3000 would be just the ticket, though.

Reply to
SteveH

24v definately, its been done a few times, but since neither of us is going to do it then up the stakes, LC 3.6 TT lump and running gear?

:D

Reply to
Theo

*drool*

Obviously, it would have to be a proper Manta 400 replica shell :-)

Reply to
SteveH

oh hell yeah, possibly the strosek wide arch kit, done properly of course...

Reply to
Theo

Only if the six cylinder is done right - I played with a bad one, and by god it was quick in a straight line, but it handled like crap and I swore the engine would fall out.

Monzas are not that much heavier, all things considered.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Oooh, now you're talking.

Reply to
SteveH

Do you want that with, or without the optional chest rug and medallion?

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

I seem to remember the 8-series having the running costs of a small country ?

Reply to
Nom

Lessee - Supra - £300-400 for a set of uprated (i.e. Off the shelf, but grooved) discs and decent pads. £1,200 for a set of polybushes fitted. Fuel economy - I get about 230 miles to a £42 fillup (auto really hammers the economy unless you do 80 everywhere).

I can't imagine the BMW being any worse than that for starters, and when I consider the costs/hassle of a V8 transplant to the Supra (especially since I'd like it done right, with a Lexus lump and proper electronics).

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

Feck, that's worse, much worse, than the Fraud Exploder and worse than the XJR. I get 270 ish miles for £42 in the Ford, and can get over 300 miles on a run. The XJR manages 300 miles for £42 in normal use. Both autos of course.

Reply to
Steve Firth

You must drive like a girl then :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Or long distances. I once did Como to Heidelburg in the XJR driven on the limiter where possible. It was an impressively short journey, getting in to Heidelberg not long after lunch. Still managed better than

27mpg. Although the 3mpg average over the St Gotthard pass was impressive.
Reply to
Steve Firth