Re: Audi TT engines?

> buy a hard top one then.

> > yea thats an option but i like the image of the softtop..

omg, liking the image of a TT is bad enough, but liking the image of a TT soft-top ??

Reply to
Lordy

each to their own, cant be arsed with another convoverstaion of "i dont like this car", "this cars crap"

Reply to
={ Advocated }=

Optional hard top for the cabrio - leave it at home when the weather is right.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Raced my ex-bosses TT225 cabrio with an MGF Trophy, long country route.

Anything I could do, he could do. And vice versa. The difference? About 10 grand, and the MG was a lot nicer to drive, made a better sound and was just as practical.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

That would basically my opinion on the MR2/S2000 argument. I reckon in most real world situations, the MR2 would be a pretty good match for the S2000, even though in a straight line on a drag strip the Honda would be a fair bit quicker. And the MR2's around £10k cheaper.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Only a few of them have that much power, most of them are just a baby

180bhp.

Very nice handling car tho, unlike the older ones.

237bhp, but only at about 9,000rpm - bloody V-TEC s**te :)

Very dodgy handling as well, even the recently revised versions still have bite.

Reply to
Lordy

Very nice. Always had a soft-spot for 5 cylinder motors.

Shame Audi don't have the bottle to stick one in the TT....

Reply to
SteveH

yeah but they've stuck the V6 in. Much nicer.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

I can see the attraction of a 5-cylinder diesel in there, though.

Could be a hit with the company car drivers....

Reply to
SteveH

It's either two short, or eight short on the "standard engine". The engoine that has four more cylinders than the standard TT has four fewer than a real engine.

HTH.

Reply to
Steve Firth

message received and understood.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Hey, let's have a Boxter TDi as well. Oooh, how about a CNG powered Ferrari???

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

That's because the 2.0 is crap.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Lucky I ruled that out when choosing an A6.

Well to be honest the A6 is to replace both the Carlton and the Fiesta (where economy is more crucial).

If I was to get something just to replace the Carlton and was considering petrol (without worrying too much about economy) I would have probably (well, almost definitely) gone for an E34 525i (or maybe 520i).

The one advantage of having the A6 though, apart from the economy, is the fact that my private plate A6 *** will look very nice on it!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I've driven one and found the handling excellent, nothing wrong with a bit of oversteer on the limit. Perhaps it's more of a problem with the drivers who are more used to FWD rather than the actual car.

Reply to
David

I can think of 1, the S2000, that has more power (the civic tr been close with 197bhp). Hence, in a straight line, name any other 2.0 16v NA that can take a 620ti.

Reply to
Dan405

Hmmm...how about no?

-- Chet

Chet

Current Celica 190 (1.8l)? Mitsubishi FTO Mivec? To be honest OP is blowing out of his arse, very few cars at all can keep up with a well driven 620ti but then he likes the TT

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

If you look i didnt mention anything about the TT keeping up with anything..

Reply to
={ Advocated }=

Yes, this is true, but don't discount the brilliance of the TDI donks.

Reply to
DervMan