Re: Car Battery Tips

I had one blow up last year - had to go and get a hosepipe quick, to wash all the acid out of my engine bay :D As the OP states, you've gotta be doing something with the battery, in order to blow it up !

Eh ?

Reply to
Nom

In that case I won't ever open my car's bonnet again! Not if the damn

> battery's going to explode at any moment! Jesus, how do car manufacturers > get away with fitting such dangerous things to cars???

My battery exploded last week - shit myself. Mind you, twas my own fault - I'd left the charger on too long and forgotten to loosen the fill plugs - build up of gas and there you go, that'll be another £30 and a new pair of pants.

Reply to
DocDelete

Solvent.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In the right circumstances, with the right acid, adding a small amount of water to a large amount of acid it can react violently.

But conversley, adding a loads of water quickly to a smallish amount of acid will dilute it enough.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Whichever is true, I had no choice. I could hardly just leave the acid in there, eating my engine/electrics/transmission :D

Reply to
Nom