Re: Cyclist scratching car

Simon Dean gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

This is Duhg we're talking about. It'd explain the contents of many of his posts.

This is Duhg we're talking about. The man who's previously posted that he has big problems with mice infestations in his kitchen.

This is Duhg we're talking about. His wife left him MANY years ago, and his (adult) kids have disowned him. It's probably why he's so bitter about life.

Reply to
Adrian

There are a few people who are so far up themselves, they think they're the only ones allowed to have anything.

But then there are a select few who just simply have no pride at all.

Reply to
Simon Dean

First you need to get Duhg to comprehend the concept "paying" for a house rather than expecting the rest of us to provide him with housing as well as pay for our own house to shelter our own families.

The fact is they can never be repaired to bring the vehicle back to the same standard no matter how much you pay. A small area of damage can only be repaired by repainting a whole panel. Colour matching is impossible in all lighting conditions, so at trade in time the car gets classed as a re-painted accident job and this results in a quite large loss at resale time.

Since a £10,000 car represents about £20,000 of pre tax earnings, (and for some people that 's a year's work) it's perfectly easy to understand they don't want it to get damaged.

Easy, that is for someone who buys into the concept of "work".

Ahh, taking a pride in your appearance, - that's something else.

Derek

Reply to
Derek Geldard

Yup, it's like Rincewind being told it's a 'million to one chance'. Car stops in middle of road (indicating 'right') - others can only pass on the nearside* - and the passenger door gets flung open. Well, it got me a few days off work ;-

*for those who still can't work this one out - the only way to pass on the off side would be to face oncoming traffic.
Reply to
Keitht

quoted text -

That is often the case. I can't turn left into my drive without swinging out onto the other side of the road.

Reply to
JNugent

you too close on

We've got the Dougtard and the Toomtard - now we appear to have the Judetard.

Reply to
BrianW

Otherwise clear motorway, night, dry, MLOC bod tootling along. I move from L1 to L2, give them a few flashes. They dutifully move over to L1, I overtake them. They then move back out to L2...

Some of them are new and frightened drivers - you can see it in their faces. At which point a talking to from plod and encouragement to get some lessons would be appropriate and probably work in the long run. But for most of them I do dream about getting an RPG.

Reply to
Clive George

But cycles to work to drive a bus, or a train, or better yet fly a jumbo jet.

Reply to
Elder

Better than at the bottom of a canal like most bikes.

Reply to
Elder

I wonder what the saddle of his bike is covered in (originally, not now).

Reply to
Elder

If I catch you near the saddle you are for it.

Reply to
Elder

Don't worry,I won't..............it stinks. :-)

Bod

Reply to
Bod

Or the lightest bike?

Reply to
Marc

And all our cities would take on that nice homesy "third world shithole" ambience.

Catford you say ?

Sorry no disrespect intended.

Derek

Reply to