Re: how to make a complaint

or should that be "how to make a complaint?"

I'm sure there's an interesting post in there somewhere, but a complete failure to use capitalisation and paragraph breaks means it's impossible to hold concentration on it for long enough to read, so I haven't.

Reply to
SteveH

In article , SteveH writes

a) it handles like shit

b) when he took it to a Ford garage and said it handled like shit, they took one look at the bodges and said "here's your keys back sir"

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

I can summarise your post with the following: you know jack all about the Sierra or about Dodge's Sierra.

I also speculate that you cannot manage the concentration to read the original post, otherwise you'd know that it started doing this in November.

Reply to
DervMan

I don't think that's going to help, though, as he's bodged a load of stuff together that's not meant to go together, using a mix of unknown bits from breakers and new bits from Ford. They're not going to do anything about this at all.

Reply to
SteveH

It will depend on the dealership, but at the end of the day a new part is a new part. There may be some colourful arguments, but I recall the VAG got into trouble by telling a Golf owner that his Leon brakes (or something like this) were a nonstandard part for his Golf, so the warranty wouldn't cover it.

VAG paid up!

Reply to
DervMan

The difference being that Golf / Leon parts are interchangable without any sort of bodging, and one would assume had been bought new as they'd been fitted to a car within warranty. Fitting s**te old Granny bits to a s**te old Sierra mixed with some new bits and non-recommended bushes isn't going to hold much water with Ford.

Reply to
SteveH

But that won't matter. Fitting (say) a Granada brake pad to a Granada brake caliper doesn't care if it's on a Fiesta or not.

VAG said that the Leon part wasn't compatible with the Golf (they lied, heh)...

One of the w--Ka Klubbers had a problem with the Mondeo brakes on his Ka. One dealership invited him to poke off, one raised an eyebrow, then replaced the duff part.

Reply to
DervMan

It's slightly more complex than swapping a caliper over. It's a complete bodge of totally incompatable suspension bits, which are being stressed in ways the manufacturer didn't design them for.

Reply to
SteveH

but in the case of Dojj's Sierra, fitting Granada calipers to it - for example - IS something Ford themselves did with some Sierra Cosworths.

Besides, Sierra / Granada suspension is very closely related.

Reply to
Pete M

Hello,

A long and boring message which seemed to have no point. You're either a "car cruiser" or younger driver - go and post some pictures on the BarryBoys site. They love any butchered cars, or ones with giant airfix kits stuck to them.

Reply to
Mb

Doesn't matter who's Sierra it is, and how closely related the bits might appear to be, it's still a bodged together mix of old / new / non-standard parts, and as such the warranty is likely to be void.

I'm pretty sure the Ford service manager took one look and said 'get that heap of s**te out of my workshop', 'cos it sounds like a right dog to me.

Reply to
SteveH

Have you never looked at the Granada and thought, "odd, the track looks too narrow" then? The Granada and the Sierra are probably closer relatives than the Leon and the Golf.

Not on the parts.

Then he would have been out of order.

Reply to
DervMan

You're just posted a short, boring and irrelevant point.

You don't know Dodge.

You don't appear to be a regular.

You appear clueless.

:-/

Reply to
DervMan

You're really lonely aren't you?

Reply to
DanTXD

Doubt it very much, given that the Leon and Golf are based on the same floorpan. I'd expect a very large number of parts to be swappable on those.

If they're being used in a way which isn't within the specification, then the warranty _will_ be void.

I don't think so myself, they'll get to see all sorts of bodged together shit, and this sounds like a prime example of it.

Reply to
SteveH

To be honest, that's a pretty reasonable point of view when someone turns up with an old DIY bodged car.

Reply to
SteveH

I know, hence my line "Using Ford Main Agents is lunacy"

Reply to
Pete M

In news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net, Pete M decided to enlighten our sheltered souls with a rant as follows

Re-reading this, it doesn't appear to be Dojj's mad Turbo Sierra estate.

I can't work out why there'd be a problem using 24v Granny hubs with a 2WD Sierra.

Sounds like a huge camber / castor problem to me.

Reply to
Pete M

Snipped.

I'm not going to get into the right bits/wrong bits scenario but they have used your petrol, added unnecessary mileage to the car and looked at the wrong side of the car to boot. I would complain to Ford UK head office first, I've done it with Citroen and a colleague did it with Fiat (no not complained to fFord) and got results. I would ask for your mileage to be refunded at 50p a mile or whatever the recommended mileage is and a free replacement bit.

Having said that, it is a bit used in a non standard application (not that I'm knocking your workmanship please note) which may have some bearing. Citizens advice bureau? RAC legal advice?

Reply to
Malc

No, we're not talking about a bodged car at all.

Reply to
DervMan