Re: New to cars

lol, and were all meant to guess what your car is?

Reply to
Cheater2k

Mr Haynes

Reply to
Glenn

Fine, as long as he's not related to the idiot who produces those books with the same name. ;-)

IMO, Haynes manuals are useless for learning /why/ something is there or /how/ something /should/ work.

Reply to
Scott M

They aren't very good for telling you how to take them apart or worse still put them back. Some collages offer courses in car maintenance with someone who in theory should know what they are doing.

Reply to
Depresion

I think they're great ;) alright the basic car manuals ain't the best source for learning but they do a huge range covering everything from welding to small-block Chevy lumps.

take another look :

Glenn

Huh ? Hayne's manuals are an excellent source of info - I've made good use of mine, for all my cars,

So ? Why would you use a Hayne's for that ? It's simply a guide to taking your car apart.

Oranges are useless for playing CDs, but that's not what they're for.

Reply to
Nom