Re: Numpty Exhaust Question

Rightio. Kermit's exhaust is blowing from the back box section, so I've

> just sourced a replacement. Okay, okay, so it's a Janspeed box, but beggars > can't be fussy, we're broke and the deal was favourable. > > The chap I collected the box off reports that it may need an adapter or > converter from the 1.5" mid pipe bit to the back box pipe, which is a bit > bigger. > > Is this a normal bit? I'd have thought so . . . but would rather appear a > numpty in front of you guys than in front of the place who are going to fit > it for me! :) >

it's a universal fit back box so if kermit's exhaust diamiter isn't the same size as the sleaving on teh box you've just buoght, you will have to get an adapter sleave from one size to the next simple enough if you let a competent exhaust fitter do it, but a bit of a nightmare if you try to fudge something up yourself not a propblem though, just don't expect it to be a diy job if you haven't got the right bits with you

-- > The DervMan >

dojj

You will in fact need two adapters :

1 for the 1.5" mid pipe bit to the back box pipe 1 to fit the coke can on the end.

Having made this performance upgrade, you will probably want a louder stereo and wider tyres. May also be worth a "Paddy Hopkirk" throttle pedal extender to help with those downshifts.... Lastly, you should wear your baseball cap backwards and race other performance vehicles at traffic lights.

But seriously, have you checked your insurance ? Lots of companys just love to invalidate policies for mods like you describe.

Hugh Jampton.

Reply to
sro

Don't I know it.

A Skoda Favorit with Bucket seats, X3 Wheel, and rally pedals, leather gearknob, and lowered uprated suspension, fine sir. No change to the policy.

Add on a Stainless Sebring tailpipe (only decent quality one I could find after the original mild one holed). Thats a performance upgrade sir, can't cover that, you have 7 days to find other cover.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Rightio.

It's got this already on.

Performance upgrade? It'll do jot all to the performance!

Nope.

Other performance vehicles?!

We are discussing our Ka!

Sorted.

Reply to
DervMan

What?!!! After all that, he still called you 'sir'?

Reply to
Allan Bennett

Good work fella - I only ask because, as a younger man I fitted a twin choke webber to my 1.6 capri ( mainly to get rid of the awful ford VV carb, and, it was standard fitment on the previous models of the car ) and then barrel rolled it 6 months later. I then spent some time frantically trying to refit the VV carb before the insurance assessor arrived - of course, I had junked loads of piping in the uprade :-(

Huge

Reply to
sro

"Maybe for once, someone will call me 'sir' without adding, 'You're making a scene.' "

3F11 :-)

Steve.

Reply to
Steve Hardwood

I think he assumed I was 102, was still wearing my trilby and car coat, and had a band of medals and ribbons from WW2 on my chest.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

almost :) can't remember it myself so i can't correct you though :(

Reply to
dojj

By "almost", ITYM "word-perfect" :-p

Steve.

Reply to
Steve Hardwood

he was talking in the past tense :) it's the one where Marge buys the dress and chops and changes it and then goes out and spends shit loads on a NEW dress and doesn't go to the party

Reply to
dojj

Nope, he says it when they're in the car on the way to the Country Club and Marge insists on ditching the car and walking the last part of the way so that nobody sees it. Homer is excited by the fact there is valet parking and that one of the valets might call him sir when they park the car.

Yep, "Scenes From The Class Struggle in Springfield", 3F11.

Steve.

Reply to
Steve Hardwood

But Marge, valets! Maybe for once, someone will call me "sir" without adding, "You're making a scene." damn you smithers!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Reply to
dojj

So you found

then ? ;-)

Steve.

Reply to
Steve Hardwood

looks like it :) I had a little help though :)

Reply to
dojj