Re: ok so what to buy?

dealer being a c*ck now so been chatting with the finance company and my

> credit card company, credit card reckon they can snatch my deposit back > but the finance company want to talk to both the dealer i got the car from > and BMW and go from there. going to try get the car thrown back at the > bastard and my cash back (well sorta as it was financed) > > got some advice from work and that's what they told me to do, also printed > and quoted some of this to them >
which the > finance company will be looking at ect and forwarding everything i supply > to the dealer and myself.it was right near closing when i called them so > they couldn't really start anything till tomorrow. woman on the phone > seemed to be really helpful. gave me a load of reasons why i couldn't > really do anything till i asked about my rights, mentioned trading > standards and what the problems with the car was and she seemed to change > sides a bit! > > fingers crossed! > > but what to get next? i really dunno what i want anymore, jap would be > nice to keep it reliable and working. > > thinking of: > > Nissan 200SX (if i can find a damn manual and a none modded one!) > Toyota starlet turbo (don't laugh! cheap tax, pokey and fairly cheap to > run i'd guess) > Honda Accord Type R > >

MR2 Supercharger? You know it makes sense.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Supra?

Reply to
SteveH

too old and tired

too damn small

Interesting option - go for this one, though it's not as freely modifiable as the turbo motors.

Why not get something mainstream and European?

Volvo S60 T5 manual - 250bhp as it comes, 310 is a chip, 400 quite common (chip / turbo /some other pricey bits), anonymous, comfy, subtle.

Volvo S80 T6 - 280bhp as it comes, no manual option though.

Vx Signum, turbo, chipped - not huge power but looks different if you get a black one and tint the windows. Cheap as chips to run too if you work for a Vx dealer.

VW Bora 1.8T - getting cheap

And that's just looking at the Vs.

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Don't be neccessarily scared to go BMW again, just make sure you research any common faults first (hate to be the one saying this, but I'm sure I won't be the only one :-))

Reply to
AstraVanMan

An S14 or better, but they tend not to be cheap for a good one.

The Glanza is a well specced little car just looking for an FMIC and upping the boost. How about a manual Sera. Not cheap or very quick, but very cool, funky, weird and distinctive. And you know how solid toyotas are. After your points come off, the starlet motor or the 3S-GTE can be stuffed in if needed.

Good choice. If you aren't fussed about FWD If you want to get a bit of money in the bank this time, have a look at either an early Skoda Octavia vRS or even a TDi, or an as late as possible 850 T5-R.

The 850 will be surprisingly cheap to insure, and the Octavia gets you a lot of kit + 4 good seats and a decent sized boot.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Toyota Corsa? LOL - that could be an addition to my "namesakes car collection" :-)

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Don't forget the Chevy Nova and Triumph/Seat Toldedo

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

It was a great little car. Hatch back with pop up headlights. 1.5 litre intercooled turbo. I thought it went like stink at the time but I was used to land barges like Ford Falcons and little cars like Ford Escorts. I ended up getting rid of it because getting parts was a total nightmare. I still miss it.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Austin/Ford Montego.

Toyota/Ford Crown
Peter Hill Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header Can of worms - what every fisherman wants. Can of worms - what every PC owner gets!

Reply to
Peter Hill

[snip]

The engines are unburstable, the interior solid enough, all sound good as standard, even the weany VTEC donks...

Reply to
DervMan

gangster i want one! and a nice full length leather jacket to complete the coke dealer look wicked :)

Reply to
Vamp