Re: opppps like how much!

New tyres 420 quid

> service 200 quid > carpc inc navigation 1000quid > cambelt change etc 400 quid > xenon lights 300 quid > blue interor lights 30 quid > Petrol lol = 52 weeks x 50quid = £2600 > Ins £290 FC > > :) > > Ron > >

Had my XR2 since 18th Sept:

£470 fuel £1028 3PF+T (3 points and a shunt (no fault)) £200 on maintenance (2 new tyres, few other odds and sods, full service) £900 on buying it

Its expensive but its getting cheaper as time goes on! Predicted my annual cost of everything, from depreciation to fuel, maintenance, insurance to be £3600. Pence per mile is in the region of 26p/mile overall.

Max

Reply to
Max Hamlet

no worse i'm 21 :) 1 year NCB

£830FC was my best quote but direct line are gay when it comes to mods so telling them to f*ck off next year and shopping around for a new quote including what it will be with a possible SC conversion
Reply to
Vamp

yeah, I did the oil filter, several oil changes, plugs, dizzy cap and fitted a race-X filter cone.

usual stuff.

Want the suspension/steering sorted and playing ncie before I go firther than the cone filter, and Bailey recirc valve.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

i want my body work tidied up next year and maybe new suspension and brakes, been told that Celica ST185 brakes fit easy-ish and should set me back £200-300 of me notes

shame as i wanted an SC conversion next year so might have to wait :( been told i can do an SC conversion using an AE92 from a levin for £1500 fitted, including wire loom and all the gubbings, £1000 if i help my mate do it he said :) not bad...

insurance on that would sting! so probably spend next years dough getting it ready, suspension, bigger brakes ect for a conversion later. seems sensible and yeah i know unlike me :)

Reply to
Vamp

Fortunately my suspension and steering are OK now the balljoints have been done. It's going to get uprated dampers and springs in a couple of months which should improve things, and a new set of decent tyres. My cruise, heated seats and rear wiper don't work, but these things aren't important!

It's going to need a timing chain soon though :-( I can't decide whether to bite the bullet and do it myself which means engine out over a week or so, or pay someone £400 to do it for me.

It's still worth it though for the fun factor :-)

Mike

Reply to
Mike P

I don't own the passat, just get to insure it. Still, 300 quid isn't a bad bill for a year's use of a 19 grand car. The wife's ibiza cost 50 quid for a pair of front tyres this year and errrr - that's it. The sunbeam will be getting a front end respray which we reckon will cost us

300 quid - which my brother will be halfing on so that's 150 to me. Not a terrible year, because we profited on ye olde 924 when we sold it.
Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

Insurance = £1200 FC Tyres = £8 x £65 = £520 Cambelt + tensioners = £300 Uprated disks and Pads = £200 Carbon Airbox = £200 Koni shocks and Eibach springs = £520 Services x 2 + 6 oil changes = £140 (parts only) Rear pads = £10 Petrol = £100 p/w x 52 = £5200 (rough estimate, could be a bit more if I have a busy week) Tax = £160 Car shows and track days = £260 (ish)

Total = £8710

Ouch, Wish I hadnt added all that up!!! ;)

Alex (ewizzy)

Reply to
Alex Jackson

Yes best to try and forget when your plastic friend is back in your pocket.

Reply to
Depresion

hehe, fortunately, Ive only got the wife and my dick to look after so no plastic involved! :D

Reply to
Alex Jackson

In article , stickit@up- uranus.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Were you based? I know of a couple of places that will do it engine in, for arround the £200 ish mark I think.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

That's because they have a dedicated performance arm (Privelege) for that kind of thing...

Never tried a quote from them tho, not needed to - my next renewal with Direct Line on the ti is £340, which I think is fairly reasonable for Group 17.

Reply to
Lordy

Did you bother mentioning your new alloys to them ?

I never got round to it :)

Reply to
Nom

Pah !

Why did you buy it, if they have dodgy gearboxes ?

;)

Reply to
Nom