Re: Pictures of my smashed up Ti :(

> Nevermind - could be worse :)

> > Could be worse ?? Look at it, man, there's scratches everywhere. > 620ti's are only worth about £20 these days as it is :(

Yea - you and the missus are OK, the damage isn't major and yo can still use the car till her insurance company foots the bill :)

Was only doing about 25mph as well, would have been worse if I didn't > choose to go for the kerb as there were no pedestrians around. > >
> > Her insurance will spring for it no doubt. > > No reason why not, she even said "I didn't see you" when she got out of > the car (which was quite nice of her, heh). Bit pissed off with Direct > Line tho, been extremely happy with them so far, but I was thinking > before I rang them that now's the time to find out how good an insurer > they actually are. One of the first statements they make basically says > they won't arrange for any repairs to my car. They'll just pass it on to > the legal department who will advise me what to do next. Wankers. >

Hmm - thats not too good, but then, they are very cheap. If i ever have to claim (whether i did the damage or not) the approved place comes to my house (assuming thats where my car is), collects my car, leaves me a Saxo (presumably as the local approved repairers is also a Citroen garage) courtesy car. Then when the repairs are done, they deliver it back (trailored, not driven by some pikey) and collect the Saxo :)

Reply to
Dan405

My current line of thinking is that hopefully the same thing will happen as the last time my car was twatted - Long standing members of the group may remember a milk float running into my car outside the house at 6am in the morning and then making a run for it (don't laugh, it wasn't funny ffs). I got a few quotes from main dealers, sent them to the insurers, they stumped up for the cheapest one - which was about £400 for a wing mirror and bumper - and just sent me a cheque. Quick visit to the scrappie and I'm sorted for about £40 :)

Reply to
Lordy

Cheers, but I may have been a little 'over-zealous' with the phrase "smashed up", it's more of a "scratched up".

Didn't even get the Police involved.

Reply to
Lordy

Didn't mean to sound like i didn't think it mattered/was important - just saying, its not the end of the world, look on the bright side :)

Reply to
Dan405

I know :)

It's scratched tho, not far off.

Reply to
Lordy

Heh - if i thought that about every little scratch on my car the universe would've imploded by now :)

Reply to
Dan405

Or my bent chassis leg :)

-- Chet

Chet

Could have been better - it could have been your 4 week old car that got damaged. Now that /would/ have been funny, particularly when you had to explain it to your boyfriend.

Reply to
Lordy

Heh, cheers.

The bitch is going to try and do me tho (see other post) :/

Got my new Edge Comp today, just wondering if it's any good at scaling Puntos...

Reply to
Lordy

Just read it, cheeky bint

Edge Comp? Whats that? Wouldn't a sledge hammer do?

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

*several* scratches.

In fact, I'd almost call it a "ding".

Reply to
Lordy

let us know if you are going to the donnington show at the end of the month i'll see if i can tell if they matcvhed the paint up correctly :)

Reply to
dojj

What show's this then ?

Reply to
Lordy

i "think" it's the ford show and spares day on the 30th with the big 1 hour queue to buy tickets to get in :)

worth it simply to have a spin round on teh muddy feilds :)

Reply to
dojj

Oh. Fk that then :)

Reply to