Re: Recovering from wheel spins...

What's wheelspin?

:)

Prevention is better than cure, so get it moving first and then boot it.

Reply to
DervMan

> > Nom wrote: > > > > > > > FWIW, if my wheels do spin, I find a change-up normally finds more > > traction, > > > > without the engine bogging down. > > > > > > > > What do you drive? I'm surprised you have enough torque to > > /accidentally/ > > > > spin the wheels in first, yet insufficient to change up without bogging > > > > down. > > > > > > 620si - hitting second does usually bog the car down - though I quckly > > > change back down once I'm goining again :( > > > > You change to first whilst moving along ?!?!?!? > > Only when I need to get moving. > IE, 1st wheel spin, 2nd get some grip, 1st move way... > > Probably not the best approach but it seams to work

You're going about it in completely the wrong way then. As said originally, just don't spin. If you do accidentally light up the front tyres, then simply let off the throttle a bit !

Reply to
Nom

I think I'll have to wait for it to rain again and find a industral estate to practice not spinnng..

dan

Reply to
Daniel Gibbs

Which is irrelevent as you're out of the powerband.

Reply to
Conor

You haven't a clue have you? It's sod all to do with the revs but more about the power output.

Reply to
Conor

PLEASE PLEASE go to a racing school and learn to drive a performance car PROPERLY before you empty your wallet at the tyre fitters or end up in an accident.

Reply to
Conor

I don't think a 620si is really a performance car...

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

Currecting GramAr, the last Resort for sum1 who doesn't have a decent argument.

Ahh well.

Reply to
Andy R

Its got less than my car and my car has shit all! (bout 130nm if memory serves...)

-- Dan

Reply to
Dan405

It's "correcting" btw[1] :)

Reply to
Lordy

Come on then - educate me....This is after all why I aske din here....

Reply to
Daniel Gibbs

I'm in need of some new tyers soon anyway :)

Reply to
Daniel Gibbs

My mum's Polo seems impossible to drive in the wet without wheelspinning or stalling. There's very little inbetween on the clutch. That said, she slips the clutch like a mad person to set off (I've no idea how, as in the 20 minutes I drove it, I couldn't get the hang of it, even span 1st to 2nd). This was with Pirelli rubber all round...

Reply to
Doki

So if I were able to do 4k with the acelerator say @ 20% then I shouldnt wheel spin, where as if I have it @ 100% I will? This then raises the problem at me wheel spining @~2k which will be about 5-10%...

Reply to
Daniel Gibbs

Yes.

Yes. Don't be so lead-footed.

Reply to
Nom

Ahem n0 of corse not:-)

Reply to
Andy R

It's spelt "course" btw[1] :)

Reply to
Lordy

Depends on alot of things though such as whether you do mostly town or country driving, whether you drive predominantly in hilly areas etc.

Reply to
Conor

Correct you've got it.

..maybe you haven't. You'll only wheelspin if you appy too much throttle.

Reply to
Conor

No, Dont b Sillie. it was on perrpus.

Reply to