Re: Small Q Car

Hi all

> > I've been running a 200Vi 3 door for a couple of years and would > appreciate some advise on a replacement. OK its not the greatest handling > car but its put the wind up a few who thought they were quick before now > and it doesn't shout about it. I regularly get 38mpg even when I plant > the foot and its big enough for the commuter run along A roads and to > make the best of the overtaking opportunities.

hmm - economical Q car...

BMW 320D? Golf PD150 or a chipped 1.8 turbo? Volvo S40 T4 (phase II spec) being discontinued but very very rapid and still 30+ MPG on a run?

200vi was a wonderful car, bit small and tinny but the engine is a cracker. Better built than the french stuff you mentioned. Mini would be my choice off your shortlist but the price is heavy for a small car. How about an MG ZS, more subtle than the ZR. Or a Seat Cordoba for complete anonymity.
Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Girlfriend has just bought a BRM, same engine with lower ratio gearbox, LSD, and different suspension set-up. Thing loves to rev and is still pulling like a horse at 7000rpm.

okay it is small, and its the interior is cheap and rattles but for the money its a great used car buy. Although not as cheap as the standard Vi.

Chad

Reply to
NTL news

It's a sloppy handling car with a peaky engine... :)

Reply to
Lordy

And I paid even less for mine... ;o)

Reply to
Rich D

Might be worth hanging on for the Cit C2 VTR.

?id=39727
No VAT on Citroens Free Insurance for Over 18's on the VTR

good or bad "modern" use of interior colours (depends on opinion). looks crap on most of them, but the Black VTR with Orange highlights on black upholstry, with 4 seperate seats, rather than 2 in front and a bench at the back. lost of loverly supportive bits on the seats. Split tilt and fold, and slide rear seats. Split boot hatch

Semi auto/Sequencial shift, with paddles on the good ones. and 110bhp from the VTR model.

not upthere with the 206 180, but not bad for a supermini.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Not sloppy at all - the 180's revised suspension is reportedly excellent.

All petrol engines are peaky, unless they're massive and/or forced-induction :)

Reply to
Nom