Re: THANKS PEOPLE!

I'm sure there is something (a resistor or a capacitor or something)

> that you can solder into the speaker wiring to block the lower > frequencies going to the front speakers.

You need a crossover (coils and capacitors) for that job, But an active crossover as Vamp is proposing is better if one can afford it.

Reply to
Steve Firth

The snag with this approach is that it will only 'roll off' the output from the speakers at a rate of 6dB per octave. A proper speaker crossover will use a combination of inductors and capacitors to achieve a much steeper filter, but such components are pricey and bulky. The correct approach is to do this filtering before the power amp where it can be done much more efficiently with integrated circuits.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

yeah it's what i thought but the capacitor trick is a good quick fix for now. gonna get an amp and mount it behind the dash as the space behind the dash is massive!

Reply to
Vamp