Re: Ti trip to Hungary (long trip, long post)

"fishman" wrote

Once we were back on course, Belgium and Holland had no problems, although I > got flashed by a speed camera that seemed, from my rearview mirror, to be > fixed to the front of a Renault Safrane that was parked in the central > reservation?!?

Forgot to mention, also got flashed by a speed camera near Cologne too. I was using one of those beige mercedes Sleeker mentioned a while back as a pace car but he suddenly slowed down, I sailed by and experienced a flash in my face.

Reply to
fishman

Nice write up mate, you could do with my car for that journey :)

btw Bristol airport are flying to hungary now, with Easy Jet :) my Bro got back on Monday, sort of valentines break, they stayed in a Kapinski Hotel, called Korvona or somthing lol.

Hope all goes well

Ronny

Reply to
Ronny

Great read that, and inspiring too! I'm hoping to drive to Stavanger in the Summer!

Reply to
[-=Dan=-]

interesting account.. the german police bit wqas my favourite :-) so you got

2 speeding tickets and a fine.. can they send speeding tickets to foreigners?

weird.. I know it can tramline & bump steer a bit, but not to any disturbing degree on mine - how fast were you going over these bumps, and were they pot holes or sth? and how deep were the lorry tracks?? As for aquaplaning, I've had that once but I think it was the cheapo shitto 215/40 Kumho tyres that I got with my first set of aftermarket wheels.. not had any problems with my current Avon ZZ3s (215/45s). what make of tyres you got on there?

I'd be looking for the map signs to the nearest brothel methinks ;-)

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus

It would have been driven in the UK, and worn slightly toward normally driving with a camber going a certain way, and the driver being used to applying a little correction for auto steering of the road camber on our side of the road. If you suddenly do 100's of tired miles on the wrong side of the road, surely it is going to feel like you are constantly fighting, against the car, and against what your instincts about how it should drive.

Reply to
Sleeker GT Phwoar

Yes, I was just gonna mention this.

I owned that TI for 2.5 years and drove it everyday, in *all* weathers. Never had any problems with tramlining/bumpsteer/etc.etc. ?!?!?

It does tramline a little, especially under braking, but certainly not to any sort of uncontrollable extent ?

I live in the middle of nowhere, and I'm surrounded by dodgy country lanes, and it always coped just fine...

Reply to
Nom

Cheapest possible Z-rated I could find. Real bargain-basement specials, unless he's changed them :)

Reply to
Nom

That was a great read :D

Interesting. We get the odd bit of flooding round here, and I never had any full-foglight issues even after driving through feet of water ? They've not been cracked by stones or anything ?

Reply to
Nom