Re: To the chav in the Integra Type R this afternoon

You can get loads of stuff like that for the ovlov - I managed to get hold of a couple of brand new but pretty rare accessories for mine. Dont see much for Citroens though. I think the clean look may suit it though.

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

Main thing with the BX was the excellent power to weight ratio, given that the engines were good, but not IMO great. Engines were always a Citroen weakness and IMO until very recently a PSA weakness as well. The BX OTOH was a design classic, and very light weight for the size of vehicle, under a tonne IIRC.

The Xantia was a backward move because of customer perception that a heavy car with doors that go "clunk" is safer than a high-tech vehicle made from thinner higher quality steel. IIRC the BX actually scored as safer than the larger Volvo models in real world studies of survivability (about equivalent to the Jaguar XJ40 in terms of KSI per crash).

I had several BXs as company cars, two 1.6s, then a 16V and finally a TZD Turbo. The diseasel would do a round trip from Surrey to Manchester and back on a tank of fuel (in fact it had a range of 600 miles) and it was hardly a slouch. The 16V ripped off a sleeping Porsche driver at Bagshot and he didn't catch up and pass me until I was "quite a way" down the M3. I had a BX GTi as my own car for years, and ran it to 120k miles when I sold it to someone I worked with. I've lost touch with him, but he sent me an email once to tell me he had run it to 220k and had only needed an alternator as a spare part in all that time. I'd had the valve guides replaced at 100k miles to cure slight smoke on lift-off and that was it.

I miss the BX TBH, one of the cheapest cars I ever had but one of the most serviceable. It took me and my wife over most of France several times.

Reply to
Steve Firth

So is "Ken".

Reply to
Elder

I've always thought the engines were quite good when compared to other similar aged cars. The only thing about the XUs is there weakness for hardened valve stem seals.

Mine weighs just over a tonne - 1070kg IIRC. So a power to weight ratio of around 150bhp/tonne. Not too shabby for a £400 car!

Heh, wouldnt trust mine to go all the way to France just yet :)

Reply to
Carl Gibbs

"Ken" wrote in news:44cdeca7@212.67.96.135:

What's a forum doing on this newsgroup?

Reply to
Tunku

It's not "on" anything, this newsgroup "is" a forum...

Reply to
Tony Bond (UncleFista)