Re: UK MAGS

In article , snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com spouted forth into uk.rec.cars.modifications...

Are there any that would be suitable for him, I have tried looking in the > magazines, but they are normally covered and sealed. > > Advice please?? > >

You could have a look at Retro cars. Older cars upto and including Mid eighties. So you will find plenty to entertain yourself (AMG merc powered MG ZB Magnette, and MK1/2 escorts etc) and remind you of your youth, plus a few Peugoet 205/Nova/Golf/R5 GTT type cars in there.

Not so much the big body kit variety, more the handling/tuning/performance type stuff, but nothing wrong teaching him to make a car use it's maximum standard power better, and making it use it safely and efficiently, before going on to building up a solid engine and then when he is 17 or so moving on the Max Power stuff and putting a decent kit on it then. Remember when he is 9 years old, what he likes body kit wise now, will be very dated when he actually gets to drive the thing. Better to build a solid reliable decent solid looking car now and tart tart it up later than put together a huge tea tray with the handling capabilities of an oil tanker on ball bearings.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Hi,

I guess the sybject says it... The engine is an old Peugeot XR5, OHC, 4cyl.

regards,

nicolas boretos

Reply to
Nicolas Boretos

How about a big black marker and mark out all the rude bits :) then tell him to wait till he's 16 to see what's behind the marker, or 18 of course

Reply to
Joe

Apart from location?

Doubt that makes much difference.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Well, I am in Greece, but I dont know if there's anyone here, but a UK place is what I meant..

regards,

nicolas

Reply to
Nicolas Boretos

God NO!!! , have you seen the state of the body kits in there :)

Reply to
Glenn

all plastic and airbrush art I take it?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

more like sagging upholstery with a few cigarette burns!

Reply to
Mark W

Surely there must be a machine shop in Greece?

However, for a list of some UK ones you could try The Federation of Engine Remanufacturers - 01788 576465, don't think they've got a web site.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Mark W raved thus:

:: There's always the USA mags like Street Rodder and the like, if you :: can get hold of them.

Sounds like some sort of dogging magazine...

Reply to