Re: Updated pics plus the sound

Amusing engine bay :-)

It's odd how even when I try to look at the pics of the outside, my eyes stray away to something more interesting like the wall.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

Not had a proper sniff around yet - but, AFAIK, the black box on the right of the block contains the coil packs, so the leads are routed under the cover between the rocker covers, straight into the coil packs.

Does, doesn't it.

I like it, lots.

Reply to
SteveH

It's got the red key, whats that all about then? Isn't there a law which states the first keeper must lose it?

Reply to
Conor

Heh. I was paranoid about the red key for my Cinq., although it appears that you can have the blue ones cloned these days.

Reply to
SteveH

It still makes me shiver when I look at pics of the engine bay - like this one -

When the top hose from the thermostat failed on mine, I had to remove the air flow meter, the air filter, all the trunking, the big plastic housing on the right next to the cam cover, the injectors, the fuel rail and - most hilariously - the top O/S engine mount. Without doing this I couldn't get the inlet manifold off - which had to come off as well, naturally. That took about five hours IIRC just to strip it all out to get to a hose with a pinhole in it. Then I had to install the new hose blind because even with that lot off you still can't actually see it, but you can sort of get your hands on it.

In contrast, the current Audi has access you could get lost in.

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

LOL - must've got lessons on the tit that came up with the layout for the Capri 2.8i Special engine bay. It's like that just getting the O/S rocker cover off. You end up draining half the water out of the cooling system as they decided to put some pipes over it.

Reply to
Conor

It makes this look spacious...

...and at least you end up with a quick car once you've squeezed a 4.6l V8 into an E36.

Alistair J Murray

So has the Saab. Must be a swedish thing, so you can find your spare engine in the garden in winter.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

What about

Only addition there is a dump valve and a small catch can. It actually has more room than normal as the airbox and trunk has been replaced by a small cone.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

What's the green thing on the right of the pic next to the battery? (the aforementioned cone?)

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

yep, Airinx induction kit filter. Foam and metal mesh. I preferd the more common cotton and metal mesh, better filtering, and less chance of it breaking down and sucking foam into the engine at speed.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2

Nice interwarmer installation ;-)

Reply to
Bob Sherunckle

yup. Had planned for an FMIC eventually. But sold it, because to get a decent flowing sized core in with minimal drop would mean getting a Carlos Sainz bumper and support bar.

Reply to
NeedforSwede2