Re: What car do I buy next ?

> > It's overtaking the 200SX on my list :) > > Only on straight dry roads.... > > 200SX is a favorite of mine, tough choice between that and the fiat, > especially the 5 cyl fiat which makes a nice noise. > > 200SX is better point to point on a dry day and easier to live with in > terms of reliability and ride quality. But yes, the fiat is more emotive > and less likely to exit a wet roundabout backwards

Bah, there must be more than two cars that fit the bill :D

Reply to
Nom

Not too much of a problem - I'll just buy one that's already had it done :)

Reply to
Nom

Right, so I'm looking for one with 61k and a full main-dealer history.

Reply to
Nom

Only on the 0-60 dash due to it's weight and lack of a LSD, for in-gear times the greater torque of the 2.3 5 cylinder engine pushes it in front.

Not that I can see, was looking at them a couple of months ago, even the

2.7 is dog slow.

The car I'm looking at at the moment is the 280bhp Twin Turbo Legacy...

Reply to
Lordy

Fair enough. There's still not much in it though - I want loony power really :)

A quick look on Autotrader shows them to be rather nice for the money. When was the facelift ?

rather nice :)

if it wasn't in some kind of rancid yellow. The early ones seem very bland, and there's far too many Automatics around :)

Reply to
Nom

Nooooooooooo :(

I'm only spending six grand because there's nothing decent available for less. Under no circumstances am I gonna spend any more - cars are money down the pan, and I buy em as toys.

A £500 1.0 Citroen AX will get me to work everyday, so it's a little hard to justify £12000 !

Not interested in a Scooby.

Agreed. Big is good.

Agreed again.

First two are non-issues - circa 300bhp is available for reasonable money, and that'll do me fine. Third one, doh.

Not getting one of those then :)

Doesn't appeal to me in the slightest anyway.

All those are WAAAAAAAAY over budget. I'd rather spend my money on a house.

Big car is good. Reliability is good enough for me. Local Unipart garage will service whatever I buy, so I'm not bothered about dealer service costs. The engine-out-for-everything of the Fiat Coupe does worry me a little though.

SIXTEEN THOUSAND POUNDS, is a *RIDICULOUS* amount of money to spend on a car :)

Yuck !

Reply to
Nom

And I still want a 406 Coupe V6, but they're not quick enough :(

Reply to
Nom

Yup. Old ones ('91/92?) are within budget, have nice 5-pot motors and are still quick as quick things. Over 30mpg combined, too, according to Parkers :-)

Yup, oldy 286 BHp ones - not new 320BHp ones. Still go alright...

Autotrader has 3 under £6k. Not exactly modern tho...

lol. a 320 BHp shed sounds pretty cool to me, although I suppose the aerodynamics probably suck.

3rd car - Evo III, 1993, £5500 Quite a few evo II's around for that sort of money. Still 250 BHp, and still tweakable.

Ah, but wiv a maxed-up body kit, a proper Peco back-box and some trick LED washer jets, it'd be the envy of Scarborough :P

Bah. Fussy wossname. You can pick up a good '96 (possibly '97) for under £6k, less if you're happy with an import.

Grrr.

Yes, I had twinges of conscience, recommending a cav :-)

With talk like that, you're apt to be booted out of URCM. I suppose you can always stick clear indicators on and claim it's modded...

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Kirby

Sitting at 80 on the M62 one day on the way home. A Fiat Coupe pulls alongside. Glances over. Floors it, the howl was un believable. And he left me for dead (wasn't going to race), wow.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

Stop it - I'm gonna have to buy one otherwise !

Reply to
Nom

And a Viscous Diff too. Sweeeet.

Any other comments on reliability ?

Reply to
Nom

ROFL !

Too common still.

NOT bland if I get a facelift one - they're actually very nice ! See my reply to Lordy's post.

Bollocks, I've been here for YEARS :)

If whatever I buy has orange indicators (yuck), then I'll be doing that, just like I did to the TI and 405 :)

Reply to
Nom

Well it worked for the Ti :)

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

TI has :

Boost controller, running ~13psi. Boost gauge. Clear side repeaters.

17" alloys. K&N air filter element. 130w main-beam bulbs. LED brake light bulbs. Black Diamond Drilled and Grooved front discs. EBC RedStuff front pads. And a smattering of ICE, including an equalizer
the second DIN hole (which is usually disguised as an oddments tray) It will soon have a decat pipe, stainless exhaust, and braided brake lines, when I get round to it.

So I rekon it's modded :)

Reply to
Nom

What about a TVR? I think they depreciate quite fast, so maybe you could get some half decent ones for 6k?

Bigus

small/light,

Reply to
Bigus

300ZX? - 276BHP stock 3.0 twin turbo - easy chip:-))
Reply to
Tiny Tim

VW Corrado VR6?

Jason

The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! >100,000Newsgroups

Jason Russell

Log on to the Fiat Coupe Owners Club website

IIRC and spend an hour or two reading the archives on maintenance and repairs. If after that you still really really want one then you're probably made of the right stuff to buy one. If your enthusiasm wanes then forget it. I had the Marea 2.0 20 valve and it was a scary prospect to maintain. Also, go to a garage and lift the bonnet on one and check out the working space. I'm not exagerrating here, they are only for the dedicated.

Reply to
John Fitzgerald

I'll take a look - cheers :) Assuming it doesn't break down too often, I'm not too concerned. Local garage does all my repairs.

Reply to
Nom

Nah, I want a "normal" car :)

Reply to