Re: What is up with the world today

More info please :D

Reply to
Nom

"**-**" wrote;

Now is it just me or when the deals done and theres cash on the table is it > a bit stupid to put the customer off to a point where they walk out and > leave it???????????????????

I basically had the same with a Pug dealer, when I was after a 106 gti, they had a car for 6 grand, despite telling the bloke that's all I could pay and I would only put a deposit on a car I could see he kept trying to sell me a more expensive car at another dealer, and trying to rope in a finance deal which I didn't want, telling me if I gave a deposit today they would give me the figure I wanted for my car as the trade in, which they wouldn't on the one they had, end result I walked out, without buying either, then I moved jobs and had to get a diesel anyway!

Really confused me the way they f*ck around I thought the idea was to sell a car, surely a sale without finance is better than no sale and no finance.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven

Tell the truth now, Steven.

You got as far as the trade-in evaluation on 'the best car in the group' at which point they broke down in uncontrollable laughter before calling security and having you ejected from their showroom.

Reply to
SteveH

Sounds more plausible to me.

Reply to
Lordy

Nom waffled on in a quite bewildering manner to produce...

no problem Sir, come and have a coffee.. I'll just take some details...

So, you're after buying a car today?

Do you have a particular model in mind?

basically it works like this, bombard your victim with yes / no questions. Don't make it too obvious [1], after 5 mins they're answering everything yes or no without realising, then you word everything so the answer is yes, take 'em on a test drive, bring 'em back and try and weld them into your chosen car.

My personal month best was 31 Nissan Micra Inspirations, 7 Almeras, 4 Primeras, 2 Vannettes and a Terrano. Couldn't shift a Patrol, QX or 200SX though. Nissan buyers were dead easy, they tend to buy a Bluebird, keep it for 6 years, get a Primera, then another one, a Micra for daughter... Lambs to the slaughter...

VW buyers were much the same, but they wanted impossible trade ins. Best I ever managed was 20 in a month. :-(

[1] don't do it straight away, and don't just do that, talk about random shit as well, just make sure all the questions *you* want an answer to are yes / no.
Reply to
Pete M

No, they make more out of the finance than they do the car.

Reply to
Mark Craft

like my mate who said he was going to buy his boxster with his centurion card :) the dealer said the card would wipe out his profit on the car "why do you have amex accepted on the window then?" "for parts" "hello? 192? office of fair trading please" "I'm sure we can work something out" :)

Reply to
dojj

But surely they'd still rather sell one and make some profit than none at all?????

Reply to
**-**

"SteveH" wrote

No but I think the sales man shit his pants, when he saw 2 foot flames shooting out a 4" pipe.

Steven.

Reply to
Steven