Re: Why do people not like beemers?

I chased a bunch of chavs up the A68/A697 in a 3-series that claimed to be an M3. Since my 1.6 Beetle cabrio was snapping at their heels at *ahem* mph, I think the badges were fake. Either that or 4-up M3s are slower than a 2-up

1.6 Beetle /cabrio/.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

I only like the M1, 6-series and 8-series, though I'd consider a late 7 (not current) or previous gen M5.

Jury is out on the new six series. I think I prefer the Audi S4 Cabriolet.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Kilpatrick

there are more fakes than gens, see em all the time, 320 M3 lol

Reply to
Theo

My guess is he's never driven one.

Reply to
Conor

That "E30" is a 2.5 litre beast... and far from crappy...

I'm not sure if the engine is a golf vr6 or a corrado (how ever you spell it) VR6.

Reply to
REMUS

Yeah its sadly true, I dont even see the point the E36 M3 kit isnt very distinctive, I would have a carzone rear+sideskirts and a zeemax front and arch kit prolly, but its all rather expensive : /

Reply to
REMUS

I missed this one:

Well on a motorway it wouldnt really matter, unless you where raceing inbetween traffic, then you would know all about it.

Reply to
REMUS

he said E20 which is old i think, and could be a range of engines...

Reply to
Theo

sod that, I reckon the E46?? new bmw the 330Ci in black with the 18" rims is much nicer than the M version

Reply to
Theo

yes but before I said that I was quoted £1200 for an E30 325i theo

"What do you think of the E30 series? As you can tell im thinking about getting one, but i'm 19 and I got quoted £1200 per year but I can join bmw club thingy and save 10% so a E30 325i will cost £1090 on my own insurance."

Reply to
REMUS

its a beast indeed, very fast, lovely engine, drinks a lot of petrol if your happy footed, nice interiors, parts arent criminal apart from rather special bits.

Reply to
Theo

Mint, shame I havn't got that much spare cash, I really love the black/chrome effect but they arnt they alloys I would choose (still nice tho).

Reply to
REMUS

Bomex. My business partner has a Bomex front bar on his R33 Skyline. Looks mean.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

It's hardly a "beast".

That's debatable.

What Richard says is true !

Reply to
Nom

It is.

Yes, Yes, It is !

Er, perhaps the words "twin-turbocharged" have something to do with it :)

Reply to
Nom

Go forth my child, and try ragging one point to point cross country, on wet roads...

I had one, I loved it, just didn't love the fuel costs.

If you get a good one, they're a very entertaining drive, and the power delivery is oh so smooth and linear.

-- JackH

Reply to
JackH

Nom, meet my good friend sarcasm :-)

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Definately, pure drivers car.

Straight 6 at its best imo.

Reply to
REMUS

How-do-you-do, Sir !

Reply to
Nom

That pile of shit software you are using has a dictionary. What a shame that you're too stupid to know how to use it.

Reply to
Steve Firth