Rear Ended.

I was rear ended at some traffic lights today :-( and, apart from the damage in the picture above, I cannot now open the rear hatch to see if there is further damage inside.

Does anyone know of a way to open the hatch without causing further damage? The car is an S13 200sx.

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

Pull the bumber off and have a look around. Otherwise I envisage you dropping the back seats and removing the boot trim in your near future.

Fraser

Reply to
Fraser Johnston

Thanks.

I've dropped the seats and removed the trim but I'm buggered if I can see what's wrong. I'll have to take it to a garage tomorrow.

It's really pissed me off because I'd just got the car to a point were I was happy with it and I could start enjoying driving it instead of working on it every weekend :-(

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

Ouch, if the rear hatch is locked by the impact, the damage may be done. Opening it will just show it when the hatch won't close again.

Otherwise, as Frazer has said, it may have just tawatted the latch, and some "manual" intervention and the key might be needed.

Reply to
Elder

When someone rearended my Astra like that, the rear quarters ended up being angled in. It was subtle enough not to see but enough to cause the problems you had. Had to used a ram to push them out.

Reply to
Conor

:-( I hope it's not as bad as that.

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

Harsh - was the other dude insured?

Reply to
DanTXD

He is insured fortunately but I'm hoping he'll settle without my having to claim off his insurance. Although having said that, I have contacted my insurance company and informed them of everything.

Reply to
Comfortably Numb

It actually sounds worse than it is. The repair needed no painting and took a morning.

Reply to
Conor