rear lights

looking for some rear lights for my kit car. want to get hold of some of these:

apparently they are early Opel manta lights.

But where do I get some from?

They are also a bit light like the lights on the Ferrari 308 and 325

Tim

Reply to
Tim Fish

Those lights are off a Manta "A" pre '75. you could try the OMOC classifieds, but I think they are pretty scarce.

-- tomScotland "stick this in your fuse-box"

Reply to
tomScotland

might have trouble getting Manta A lights. but for something similar have a look for Trailer/Caravan lights.

I'm sure I've seen some posted on a site that is for custom, kit, and classic cars.

Not quite the same, but anything here useable?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

There you go. read my other posts, I hope this is muppet free. They have a round trailer lamp about 2/3 of the way down the page.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

ISTR that they look like bus tail lights, can't recall which one though.

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

yeah in fact I have their catalogue here but those lights are horrible (it says for a landrover)

I want to put 4 on the back (in pairs) and have the all lit up with the lights on, two get brighter with brakes and two with the fogs.

The one on the elise also have the reversing lights/indicators in the middle

thanks anyway,

Tim

Reply to
Tim Fish

Not really but I need reversing light and fog and indicators and those dont have any :-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Fish

Ah, OK. I'm sure I've seen a three way, brake, indicator and tail. And a seperate round red and white.

Have the threeway to the outside, the plain red next, and then the reverse light, on each side. Or even just have one fog on the required side, and a single reverse light on the other?

Reply to
MeatballTurbo

some helpful person (not from this group i dont think) mailed me to say WIPAC

make the elise S2 rear lights

Tim

Reply to
Tim Fish

Looks like you can only get them from through the Lotus dealers from what I'm told.

any they want £60 + VAT each so that's £240 + VAT for four

Or to put it differently... .....about 15% of the value of a second hand Elise S2

Tim

Reply to
Tim Fish

Wow. You can get s2 elise's for £1600 now?

*scuttles off to autotrader* Damn, they must have sold out.... :-P
Reply to
Andrew Kirby