Renault Master Fuel Economy?

Maybe he wants to know before he modifies it? Or just wants some input, should of really tagged it as OT tho I guess.

Reply to
REMUS

Burgerman wrote:

Reply to
SteveH

Just wondering what a realistic average mpg figure is for my new van? It's a low roof SWB model with the 2.5D engine (S reg, 1998 model).

I filled it to the top the other day and haven't emptied the tank yet, but it looks like it's going to be around 30mpg - is this about right? It's a

2.8 Tonne GVW vehicle, so not exactly light (nor aerodynamic) - haven't yet checked the book to see exactly what the kerb weight is, but I know my mate's work's van does around 40mpg (Trafic 1.9DCi) so given that that's a much more modern engine, and a smaller lighter van (though not by all that much) 30mpg doesn't seem all that bad - I wasn't sure what to expect but certainly wasn't expecting it to do 55mpg!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

How does this relate to a MODIFIED group???

Reply to
Burgerman

I didn't come as part of the factory specification, and I'm in the van 100% of the time it's in motion. It also has a cigar lighter phone lighter adapter :-)

That, and people who tend to offer useful opinions tend to be floating about the mods group a fair bit more than the other ones, so I thought I might get a quicker response - I personally check all 3 groups regularly, but don't know how many others do, and different people post to different groups, hence the cross-post.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

I like it here :)

I'd just like to share the fact i got 5 fillings today too :(

-- Chet

HF Integrale 16v - Gettin there!1992 Renault 19 16v - Williams 2.0 with a turbo, oh yes!

Reply to
Chet

You basically said what I was thinking. In fact in my OP I think I sort of answered my own question.......

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

You must need a nice char after that.

I went onto some, erm, private land, with some nutter, and used my GPS to record 117mph :)

Reply to
Dan405

ROFL !

Reply to
Nom

Oh yes...

Reply to
DervMan

On the random note somemore - although it does have SOMETHING to do with cars ;) There was a Pug 205 GT dumped on the grass in the capark where we run our RC's. We put a ramp up and started jumping it (video's up tmrw ;) ). One of my mates set the ramp too close, and hit the corner of the roof/door...

Dan405

Anvil, lump hammer, it'll be fine ;)

Reply to
Dan405

Aaah, don't worry, it'll T-Cut out.

(c:

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

Heh, remember the episode of Father Ted where they got a brand new car (old boxy Rover 200 series IIRC) and it got a tiny little stone dent in the bonnet on driving it home, and they "repaired" it ?? Brilliant!

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

Blimey, they've certainly reduced the levels of trim on the 205 in recent years...

Reply to
Questions

snip

.../and/ there isn't a van-related group (that I could find anyway, when I was having probs with the Trannie)

Reply to
Jamesy

Yep, true. Anyway, economy for the last tank was around 27mpg, not absolutely terrible, but not all that great either. I suppose early morning runs at 85mph didn't help all that much. I reckon if I calm down a bit, which should be a result of not running late all the time(!), I should get it up to 30mpg. Suppose that'll do. Might start leaving the van at the depot and going there and back in the Audi, which'll average an easy 45mpg, quite possibly 50mpg, as the afternoon drive home is a bit more congested, so quite a gentle run. For a 45 mile/day round trip, that should save me a bit of money, plus keep the miles off my van, and keep the insurance down.

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan