Results of 9 months work

This thing has been my weekend project for far too long and it's been a long time coming but the scoob is now back together, has been re mapped and stuck on the rollers.

Power = 385.5 BHP @ 6810rpm Torque=318 Ft/Lb @ 6030rpm

graph on my site if your interested.

That should keep me happy til..... oooohh..... Christmas :-)

Reply to
Andy C

bah that's nothing. i'll put my '2 against that scoob and waste ya!

ok so maybe not, nice one. what work was done to hit that?

Reply to
Vamp

His site has a list, a very long and expensive looking list :)

Reply to
Dan405

And what happened to the torque ? :)

Reply to
Lordy

Took his time to tell us about it - last updated 27/04/2003. Don't it look a lot better when it gets streched - looks low long and mean, not short, stubby and ugly.

How long do R160 diffs last?

Peter Hill

well done.

but looks like 264bhp to me :P

Reply to
Glenn

You spotted the dyno plots as well then chap ;-)

Reply to
**-**

Ok I re-phrase....

264BHP at the wheels 385BHP at the flywheel.

Cost, hmm best not work that out but the main bits were. Turbo £1208 Intercooler £800 Exhaust including headers £1300 Injectors £680 Clutch and flywheel £700

all work done by myself so no labour costs. :p

and the front page has not been updated since April... not the scooby page. :-) My bad. Not blown box or diffs yet, will let you know...

Dam out of time, back to the grind stone..

Reply to
Andy C

I wasn't doing you down chap still plenty of power. It is shocking just how much drivetrain loss it has. Mine loses 35bhp and I thought that was bad LOL.

Just out of interest. What fuel pressure are you running?

Matt

Reply to
**-**

3.3 BAR vacuum connected @ hot idle (1.1:1 Rising rate FSE)

-- Andy C God invented turbo lag so V8's can have a chance!

Andy C

Dam ! meant to add that "normal" transmission losses are around the 90BHP mark, but I've over filled the box in a vain attempt to hang on to third for a while longer. ;-)

also if you're interested and have a spare day or two.. :-)) you could read all the finite details about this last set of engine mods on my car...

Here >>

-- Andy C God invented turbo lag so V8's can have a chance!

Andy C

Same here, dont mean to be nasty but 121bhp drivetrain loss is rather excessive. Im with Mr Baker on this one, flywheel figures are meaningless unless measured at the flywheel.

still I think I would be heading down to the straight cut gears factory :D

Glenn

When the bank balance has recovered, I will be. I already have a gearset in mind, Manufactured by PAR. £2500 squids though !!!!!

Reply to
Andy C

Excuse me for completely ignorant for asking (I usually leave that to Vamp;-)), but does some of the increased loss result because of the fact its

4wd?
Reply to
Andy R

certinally does , but usually in the region of 20%

Reply to
Glenn

My car doesn't produce 121BHP so a 121BHP loss is pretty big.

-- James

Reply to
James

"James" wrote

It's 3BHP more than my tank!

Bit like those superchargers they have on top fuel dragsters - they require

700bhp just to run them!
Reply to
Fishman19

"Lordy" wrote ;

He sold it to the Devil!

Steve.

Reply to
Steven

LOL cheers

Reply to
Vamp

This poxy bloody bt news server , I missed half of the messages in this thread wondered what was going on.

Now I know that Andy has overfilled his box, makes a bit more sense. :D

Reply to
Glenn