RHD----->LHD To convert or not to convert??

Hi First of all I'd like to apologise, if the topic has been already dug out. Got no time to check all of them. I'm trying to decide if its possible to convert cars from right-hand-drive to oposite. I've tried to find something out but i can't decide if it does make sense or not. Some say that it's possible and quite easy according to the most of passenger cars. I just have to change some basic parts, flip sth over and forget 'bout the case. Other say 'Its not so simple and can occure i safety problems after avoiding to change some minor and not very "important" parts' What do you think about it? Can anyone help me?? Thx a lot if so.

Reply to
ARACHNID

I'm not sure if it's escaped your attention, but more than one model of car exists !

Reply to
Nom

What? Theres other cars than Renault 19's? The retro-renault boys will be shocked!

Reply to
Chet

Shut up, there's the Renault Chamade as well. And the Prima, Energy, Biarritz, Europa and BeeBop.

Douglas

Reply to
Douglas Payne

To convert to RHD in this country would be the easy option as you'd probably get the necessary bits - steering rack etc - from a scrappie. But the other way round more difficult - how many LHD cars do you see here?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)