Rover 75 rear light lens cover replacement

I need to replace the nearside lens cover of the rear light of a Rover

75 Classic SE. Two questions; 1. Where can this part be most cost effectively purchased (new or second user) and 2. How does one go about removing the old one and replacing the new. All advice greatfully received. Rover want =A375 excluding labour and the old one has a hole the size of a 50p coin. Thanks for helping a damsel in distress.
Reply to
adriennebottomley
75 Classic SE. Two questions; 1. Where can this part be most cost effectively purchased (new or second user) and 2. How does one go about removing the old one and replacing the new. All advice greatfully received. Rover want £75 excluding labour and the old one has a hole the size of a 50p coin. Thanks for helping a damsel in distress.

Try the Maint newsgroup, may get some answers there.

Reply to
Ronny

Ebay, like this one for example:

Seems a very high postage charge, mind.

Apart from asking whoever you buy the part from, if it's anything like my old Jag, then you just remove the plastic panel (inside the boot) covering the back of the light assembly, then undo 4 wingnuts that hold the light assembly in place, and then just push the whole thing out through the back of the car. From there, it should be previous obvious how to unclip the lens cover.

Bigus

Reply to
Bigus
75 Classic SE. Two questions; 1. Where can this part be most cost effectively purchased (new or second user) and 2. How does one go about removing the old one and replacing the new. All advice greatfully received. Rover want £75 excluding labour and the old one has a hole the size of a 50p coin. Thanks for helping a damsel in distress.

Scrapyard, or try somewhere like.

Or as Bigus said, Ebay.

Reply to
DanTXD

Thanks to you all for this. Merry Christmas to you all, I will be following up your suggestions.

Adrienne

Reply to
adriennebottomley

Try this:

Never used it myself but I'm told it can be good.

Reply to
Tom Robinson