Ryan

So Ronny did PCF get it wrong or is Ronny a pseudonym? The installation looks really good but the boggo CE approved case in the boot could do with tarting up! A very minor detail and I am nit picking.

Did you get lots of case cuts from that one?

Reply to
Fishman19

Yeah i use Ronny from old days of gaming, real name is Ryan :) the case was just "chucked" in the boot, and tbh I dont know why they photographed the boot as its nothing special, I will tidy it all up given time, They were intrested in it so I let em have it.

Case cuts? is that a word used in the mag industry or do u mean the case cutting the boot ?? lol

I dont drive like a nutter so nothing gets shiffted about.

I have the original .jpg from that main pic and its huuuge 24mb, I also have the other pictures now

This one is 3mb

right click the link and choose save as.

Thanks for saying it looks cool, first time in any mag so its my claim to fame :)

Cheers

Ron

Reply to
Ron

"Ron" wrote

Lot simpler than that! You know these cheapo cases,everytime you root around inside one to do an upgrade or whatever, there are so many sharp edges in there that you get these cuts all over your hands, like paper cuts but more painful!

Motherboard swap at your peril... CE approval meant cases went crap for a while, as manufacturers poured loads of cash into passing the CE approved audit that they had to make their cases out of recycled bacofoil. I think they are just about getting sensible again now. Plus you can pick up some smashing cases for under twenty quid now - anything half decent used to cost upwards of forty squids

Reply to
Fishman19

ahh, yeah its actually a nice case as its small, its a mini atx mobo, so i needed a small case, being a 1800xp it has a big fan on it which caused a few problems, but nothing a dremel couldnt fix :)

The front is off the case as im in the process of extending the on/off button on the front and didnt get round to it for the photos, other wise Its a standard HP small mini tower I think.

I need a dvd drive now, a front loading one, so will scour ebay for a cheap one :)

Laterz

Ron / Ryan

Reply to
Ron

You could get some sub box carpet for the case. probably the best way to make it blend in a bit.

Reply to
Depresion