Scirocco injection transplant

I've got two Sciroccos - a 1988 GTX and a 1992 GTII. One has excellent bodywork, the other (unusually for these cars) is shot rust-wise. Guess which! The other has a lower mileage, smoke-free engine with recent cambelt.

I've a mind to stick the injected GTX engine etc. into the GTII. I guess this won't be that easy...

Engine/box Electrics Fuel metering/filters Fuel tank/pipes/pump

Anything I've missed off here? Has anyone done this? Any pitfalls? Am I wasting my time?!

Cheers.

-- Ken Davidson

Reply to
DocDelete

I wasn't sure if mine was expensive but I guess £320.00 fully comp as a daily driver with the usual 12,000 a year is not too bad considering my former life as a repeat motorway speed offender... ;-)

1987 1.6GT (the crappy one no one wants I've read somewhere ;-) ,36,000 miles.

I've seen MK1 GTI's for over two grand with a lot of milage, they must be mad.

If you are doing the work yourself I guess it's a different matter as regards price. :-)

Mark S.

Reply to
Mark